Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys own the Kalashnikov or VEPR 12Gauge semi-autos? Am looking to buy but want to weigh the pros and cons of both types.

·
I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.
4,437 Posts
Any of you guys own the Kalashnikov or VEPR 12Gauge semi-autos? Am looking to buy but want to weigh the pros and cons of both types.
Saigas and veprs are getting hard to come by, but a vepr is hands down better than a saiga

As far as an AR style one I would go with the Rock Island one for about $500.

Rock Island customer service is pretty good from what I hear, never had to use them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the Kalishnikov and have been very happy with it!
Also just picked up a Black Aces Tactical 12GA, nice gun as well!

·
Rational Anarchist
14,590 Posts
I’ve heard that shotgun shells get misshapen when left in a box mag for very long and then tend to jam. Anyone have firsthand experience with shotgun box/stick mags loaded for an extended period?

·
Premium Member
14,551 Posts
I’ve heard that shotgun shells get misshapen when left in a box mag for very long and then tend to jam. Anyone have firsthand experience with shotgun box/stick mags loaded for an extended period?
The mags don’t typically have that strong of a spring but I could see the cheap Winchester universal shells doing it. Anything you can warp and twist with moderate hand pressure is bound to have issues. The remedy would be run quality shells.
Not everything should be fed the cheapest garbage available.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,529 Posts
The mags don’t typically have that strong of a spring but I could see the cheap Winchester universal shells doing it. Anything you can warp and twist with moderate hand pressure is bound to have issues. The remedy would be run quality shells.
Not everything should be fed the cheapest garbage available.

Can't hang , can't stay!

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,529 Posts

Reactions: Ellis93

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
From what I read, back when I was building my Saiga's, the issue was not the mags, but leaving them in the mag with the mag loaded in the gun, with pressure against the carrier. Two solutions I heard about were to leave the mag out of the gun, or leave the bolt open.

I haven't had a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts