Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a couple AKs before the horrible boating accident with @Cliff731. I never shot them a lot but every session, with different rifles, I would have several unintended double taps. At first I thought it was because I was trying to ride the reset but I tried not doing that and the problem continued. This never happened with any of the other firearm types I used to take boating with Cliff. Any body have any similar experience or tips for managing the AK trigger?

·
Death is Preferable to Communism.
161 Posts
What type of trigger is in the rifle? Tapco, ALG, or old surplus?

Reactions: Chicknman

·
Registered
13,049 Posts
MIne has a tapco that honestly has an excellent feel. It is almost too light though, feels lighter than my 3.5lb ar triggers.
I would just replace it with a tapco or alg trigger, the most expensive is the alg at $50.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What type of trigger is in the rifle? Tapco, ALG, or old surplus?
One is a saiga that has been converted. Don’t know what if any of factory parts were retained. The other is a mak90. As imported as far as I know. The trigger pull on the saiga is long but light and smooth.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,012 Posts
One is a saiga that has been converted. Don’t know what if any of factory parts were retained. The other is a mak90. As imported as far as I know. The trigger pull on the saiga is long but light and smooth.
If they converted the Siaga to true AK style by moving the trigger forward as it should be it will be a Tapco trigger. I did a AK74 when they first came out. Dang good AKs , Siaga's are.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Never had that problem with any of the AK rifles that I USED to own. (Them things are dangerous!). If you can fish up that MAK90 ( rusty by now), I would gladly take it off your hands.

·
Super Moderator
13,391 Posts
Never had that problem with either the new production (3years old) Century or the old high dollar Norinco in 5.56. Only 2 AK's we have. Approx 6k rounds total through both

1 - 7 of 7 Posts