Mississippi Gun Owners banner

3141 - 3160 of 3212 Posts

·
Registered
9,655 Posts
#1 and #3 under Challenges is because Southern cooking is so dang good. I'd rather become one of those statistics than eat stuff that tastes like cardboard.
I am making dark chocolate chunk cookies using cashew flour and monk fruit sweetener, they are pretty tasty, IMO.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Do people really understand what wearing a Germ Infested Face Diaper all day everyday for weeks and months does to your health and O2 saturation? It's killing you! This is what the elite globalist want. A slow death for a submissive population!

Reactions: BasMstr

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
A cloth or paper mask can be sprayed with Peroxide, alcohol or bleach a few times everyday you wear them, I'll use the Peroxide. The cloth mask can be washed daily for a few weeks before replacing them. Paper mask shouldn't be used over 2 days before trashing them.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts

Reactions: SLBcmtr and BasMstr

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Do people really understand what wearing a Germ Infested Face Diaper all day everyday for weeks and months does to your health and O2 saturation? It's killing you! This is what the elite globalist want. A slow death for a submissive population!
If wearing a mask regularly killed people, we'd be losing doctors and nurses yearly until we ran out. Or they'd have quit wearing them a long time ago.

Also, checking your o2 saturation levels is pretty simple with a fairly cheap little machine like they clip on your finger at the doctor's. People have been doing experiments with different masks and no issues. I know mine was absolutely fine, and we've been wearing masks a lot.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,148
If wearing a mask regularly killed people, we'd be losing doctors and nurses yearly until we ran out. Or they'd have quit wearing them a long time ago.

Also, checking your o2 saturation levels is pretty simple with a fairly cheap little machine like they clip on your finger at the doctor's. People have been doing experiments with different masks and no issues. I know mine was absolutely fine, and we've been wearing masks a lot.
Agreed.

As my wife had surgery this morning, I wore a mask most of the day as required by the hospital. I have a small stockpile of N95 masks that I'd bought at salvage several years ago. I wear them exclusively as I have quite of few predispositions that, should I contract Covid, it could turn out very badly for me. Age, COPD, hypertension, etc.

I don't mingle in public often, and when I do I try to minimize my time in public. If I've used a mask for a short period of time, I put it in a plastic bag with the date used, then reuse the mask after I feel comfortable that any virus on the mask have died...usually 5 days.

I also have a SpO2 fingertip meter and have not seen any reduction of oxygen saturation after wearing a mask.

We each have to determine our risk level and act accordingly. Personally, I've already been through ARDS and a ventalator and I KNOW I don't want to go through that again.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Don't bother trying to educate Righttown. There's no hope.
Lol, I still get educated occasionally, and if there's hope for me, there's hope for anyone. And I hope to find as many of us safe, and as many of our rights intact, as possible.

Discussing facts and fears are the only way to learn something, and I enjoy hearing someone of the opposite opinion. I do get a little tired of repeatedly seeing the same arguments/memes that someone could easily test against.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,043 Posts

If masks was the answer Doctors and nurses would never get sick from anyone at a hospital and we know that not to be true, otherwise they would wear on the whole time while on duty.
Do you have respiratory problems? Are you a or have been a smoker? All this can have a effect on your O2 levels when wearing said masks. Also previous to this most Doctors and nurses wearing said masks were not straining hard either. For lots of people wearing the mask is a hindrance. As far as buying a o2 saturation meter what good would it do ? Would they allow you to stop using a mask if it were low?
Why did the CDC originally go on record saying a mask would not help only to reverse their opinion when they caught hell from the citizens? And now they want everyone to wear them.

Difference of opinion is all. But I guess you are right. ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
If masks was the answer Doctors and nurses would never get sick from anyone at a hospital and we know that not to be true, otherwise they would wear on the whole time while on duty.
Do you have respiratory problems? Are you a or have been a smoker? All this can have a effect on your O2 levels when wearing said masks. Also previous to this most Doctors and nurses wearing said masks were not straining hard either. For lots of people wearing the mask is a hindrance. As far as buying a o2 saturation meter what good would it do ? Would they allow you to stop using a mask if it were low?
Why did the CDC originally go on record saying a mask would not help only to reverse their opinion when they caught hell from the citizens? And now they want everyone to wear them.

Difference of opinion is all. But I guess you are right. ;)

I heard that the CDC told people masks didn't work because they didn't want panic buying and give the medical industry time to buy them all. Now we have more production and they recommend for everyone.

I don't think masks stop the spread 100%. I think everyone will agree with that. I do think they will help slow it some. How much? I have not been wearing a mask, but in Tupelo it will become mandatory in public on monday. I don't agree with it being mandated, but I guess I am in the minority. I believe we should all be able to choose whether to wear a mash, gloves, face shield, or whatever PPE we feel the need to.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I have no problem with anybody that wants to wear a mask everyday for the rest of their life. My problem is the people that want to force me to comply with there nonsense.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Phillip, I guess me and you are the minority, your post summed up a lot of my own thoughts well.

Now, I was completely against forced mask wearing initially, but I got to thinking about clothing laws and reconsidered it. I prefer there to be laws about being clothed, and some here even support anti-sagging laws. The masks aren't really too much different. That said, I'm still against any federal law, and I don't really like a state one either. Let the localities dictate, and let the state and then the federal decide if it fits with the MS and then the US Constitution. That's the more correct way for a lot of laws.

Also, masks are to protect others. If they tell me I have to wear one to protect myself, that's different. Same as seatbelt laws and drunk driving laws. I definitely support the drunk driving laws more than seatbelt because one should be allowed to chose how safe you want to be, but if you are a danger to others it starts getting questionable.

Reactions: canebreaker

·
Registered
9,655 Posts
The pulse oximeters (finger clip things) are a good idea if you have any of the "vulnerable" conditions (they are one way to indicate you might possibly have Covid severely enough to endanger you) . They allow you to track a decline in blood oxygen saturation, which you may otherwise not notice. and to get treatment before it's too late. Amazon sells them for around $25-$30 and they're very easy to use. And yes, I have one and check it every day or two. For most people if you get into the low 90s or lower, you probably have a problem. (Mine is "normally" 96 or 97, many folks normally get a 99 as I understand it).

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,143 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I can't keep up with the latest EOs, advisements, etc.
I wonder if there is a webpage that kind of lays all the state and local stuff out. This morning I was driving to town and even wondering if Starkville was under curfew anymore, if we were out, or if they had added a new one that I might have missed.

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,143 Posts
I wonder if there is a webpage that kind of lays all the state and local stuff out. This morning I was driving to town and even wondering if Starkville was under curfew anymore, if we were out, or if they had added a new one that I might have missed.
If you want your head to spin over this Chinese Bat Virus b.s., then go to and read the Gov Reeves' Executive Orders on the Mississippi Secretary of State's page (hint: you'll need a Google translator to understand it ;)):

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
If you want your head to spin over this Chinese Bat Virus b.s., then go to and read the Gov Reeves' Executive Orders on the Mississippi Secretary of State's page
No no. I really don't want to. I don't like any kind of executive order that becomes basically permanent. Presidential and governor executive orders should at least become null after three months. Let the House decide if it actually becomes law. And that goes for any of them, ones I like and don't like.

3141 - 3160 of 3212 Posts