Mississippi Gun Owners banner

3601 - 3620 of 3752 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
You mask wearers got your goggles picked out. Some of y'alls hero Dr. Fachi says you now need to wear goggles. 😂😂😂
I'm definitely wearing my shades into the bank next chance. I can break all the rules on their door at once, at the recommendation of the government. Who cares if he doesn't actually recommend it universally? I haven't really paid attention to him since the beginning anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
So you don’t think a money grubbing lawyer will use “off label” prescriptions that fda recommends not using for certain virus against a dr? Fat chance of that. Keep in mind all the drug lawsuits are for things fda has approved.
The FDA isn't real clear about the use of HCL for the Wuhan Flu. See below, from the horses mouth.*

Off Label lawsuits have been tried, over and over and over again. The vast majority of off label use resulting in lawsuits are against the manufacturers for promoting OL use, which is illegal. Doctors are pretty safe, unless negligence can be shown. OL is not evidence of negligence on it's own.

Some where between 1/3 and 1/5 of prescriptions are OL. That's a lot, and the vast majority don't result in lawsuits. I didn't say none, I said little or none. I'm not aware of many, especially considering the frequency of prescription, unless there were other contributing factors. Would some ambulance chaser try something stupid? Maybe, but my Doctors don't live in fear of minimal risk. Even most Malpractice Insurance companies don't increase rates if a Dr. uses OL. It's that common.

* From the FDA announcement June 15, 2020, the latest I could find, my emphasis;
"Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are both FDA-approved to treat or prevent malaria. Hydroxychloroquine is also approved to treat autoimmune conditions such as chronic discoid lupus erythematosus, systemic lupus erythematosus in adults, and rheumatoid arthritis. Both drugs have been prescribed for years to help patients with these debilitating, or even deadly, diseases, and FDA has determined that these drugs are safe and effective when used for these diseases in accordance with their FDA-approved labeling. Of note, FDA approved products may be prescribed by physicians for off-label uses if they determine it is appropriate for treating their patients, including during COVID."

By the by, there is a huge difference between banned and not banned. It's not semantics. Even you would argue that point if it came to gun laws.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
But now it's politicized, and there's nothing that draws lawsuits quicker than hatred based on a political issue. Doesn't mean the person will have a chance of winning though.
Many doctors are still prescribing it because they hope it helps some, but that doesn't mean a lot of them aren't trying to find something else that provides the same nominal improvement without the potential political fallout. The US loves to attack the medical field.
Pepcid seems to be another popular one, without the same side effects of HQ. I guess that would be still be an off label use though.

Reactions: Blondie70

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,765 Posts
How high of a positivity rate do you think we should have if we only test people with symptoms for the most part?

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,765 Posts
I have no clue, but out of the whole country, Mississippi is the highest.
Would make a difference though. If a state tests everyone that wants tested and Ms doesn't, then its not a fair comparison at all. If you only test people with symptoms then your positive rate is going to be through the roof. Your odds of positivity just went up exponentially. JMO

Reactions: Twang

·
Registered
66 Posts
Our Government will throw expert after expert in to the pot,muddying the waters,confusing even the strongest of will. All their official statements eventually contradict themselves. I guess we get what we pay for, I'd love to see atleast three separate non Governmental non Corporate entities Citizen group's with a the highest intraday auditing Their numbers in person one by one.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Why does the country of Taiwan only have 7 deaths from Kung Flu?
I've heard those countries in the vicinity of China like Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea already had protocols in place from the SARS, etc. outbreaks that helped them better deal with COVID from it's onset. It also seems like people from those areas have been wearing masks in public even before COVID, so there's probably no issues with getting folks to wear them consistently there.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,614
COVID-19 in Mississippi
New Cases and Deaths as of July 30

New Cases

New COVID-19 positive test results reported to MSDH as of 6 p.m. yesterday.

New Deaths

New COVID-19 related deaths reported to MSDH as of 6 p.m. yesterday.

CountyTotal
Bolivar3
Clay1
Coahoma3
Covington1
Greene1
Grenada1
Harrison2
Hinds5
Holmes1
Itawamba1
Jefferson1
Lafayette1
Lawrence1
Lee1
Lowndes4
Marion1
Monroe1
Neshoba2
Oktibbeha3
Pearl River1
Pontotoc1
Rankin1
Simpson7
Sunflower1
Tallahatchie1
Walthall1
Warren1
Washington4

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
If we only test syptomatic people we would expect to have higher positivity rate. But if our positivity rate is going up, it really takes away the argument that case numbers are only going up because we are testing more.
If case count, positivity percent, hopitalizations, deaths, and ICU visits are going up, something is obviously going on. And most of those things have doubled to quadrupled in the last month or two.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,765 Posts
If we only test syptomatic people we would expect to have higher positivity rate. But if our positivity rate is going up, it really takes away the argument that case numbers are only going up because we are testing more.
If case count, positivity percent, hopitalizations, deaths, and ICU visits are going up, something is obviously going on. And most of those things have doubled to quadrupled in the last month or two.
Right you are testing more people with symptoms already. When all you test is sick people how high you think your positivity rate is going to be?

What are the links to the official stats of this covid doubling to quadrupling last month or two?

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
The numbers are really going up. More testing has something to do with it, but not everything.

While the numbers haven't doubled, they are going up, markedly. See the link that Tall Boy posts every day. About halfway down the page are charts for "Cases by Date" and the most telling numbers, "COVID-19 LTCF and Non-LTCF Deaths by Date through July XX, 2020" and little bit further up the page is a chart for "COVID-19 Hospitalizations Reported by MS Hospitals XXX."

Patients in ICU have gone from roughly 200 on July 10, to yesterdays 277 (296 the day before), and Patients on Ventilators went from 107 to 176 in the same time frame.

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,972 Posts
You mask wearers got your goggles picked out. Some of y'alls hero Dr. Fachi says you now need to wear goggles. 😂😂😂
Goin' MOPP4 shortly ... or probably NOT!

Reactions: Hoot G and rigrat

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
9,295 Posts
I've been told there are ZERO available ICU beds at OCH (Starkville) now and nowhere else to send new patients either.
Lots of hospitals here are on diversion. Actually even shipping some out cause they are full. We have been receiving some from long ways away. Which we are currently full ourselves even after adding the mandated extra ICU beds. Now the issue is running out of needed medical equipment for the influx of patients. Not to mention being short staffed even before this s h i t started.

3601 - 3620 of 3752 Posts