Mississippi Gun Owners banner

3801 - 3820 of 3853 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,296 Posts
With over 500 new positive test reports daily , you have to ask yourself why hasn't all of Ms been reported to have covid. Seriously doubt the numbers.

Reactions: Blondie70

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
If there were 1000 new cases (there aren't that many) per day, every day, for 8 months (it hasn't been going on that long), that would only be 245,000(ish). There are almost 3,000,000,000 3,000,000 people living in Mississippi.

According to the CDC there are current 83,000(ish) cases reported in MS so far. That averages out to 338(ish) cases per day, every day, in 2020, since Jan 1st. We know there weren't that many early on in the pandemic, and the rate has increased as time has gone by.

The numbers make sense to me.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,296 Posts
If there were 1000 new cases (there aren't that many) per day, every day, for 8 months (it hasn't been going on that long), that would only be 245,000(ish). There are almost 3,000,000,000 people living in Mississippi.

According to the CDC there are current 83,000(ish) cases reported in MS so far. That averages out to 338(ish) cases per day, every day, in 2020, since Jan 1st. We know there weren't that many early on in the pandemic, and the rate has increased as time has gone by.

The numbers make sense to me.
Glad they do to someone.

I think you made a mistake on the number of people in the Ms also.

Est. 20192,976,149

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
The announcement followed discussions between Foster Farms and the Merced County Department of Public Health, which originally declared an outbreak at the Livingston facility in late June. Health officials from the county said in a separate statement on Saturday that they were issuing an order requiring a closure of the plant for a period of six days.

I think this is kinda late.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Glad they do to someone.

I think you made a mistake on the number of people in the Ms also.

Est. 20192,976,149
Oops, maybe a few billion. I meant 3,000,000 (million). Fixed it. Thanks for catching that! That makes it 1 Wuhan Flu out of every 36 people. A long way from everybody in the State.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,296 Posts
Oops, maybe a few billion. I meant 3,000,000 (million). Fixed it. Thanks for catching that! That makes it 1 Wuhan Flu out of every 36 people. A long way from everybody in the State.
LOL, sorry had to poke fun a little. But yeah your right I was kinda being just a little sarcastic with my statement earlier. 😉

Reactions: Hoot G

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,808
COVID-19 in Mississippi
New Cases and Deaths as of September 1

New Cases

New COVID-19 positive test results reported to MSDH as of 6 p.m. yesterday.

New Deaths

New COVID-19 related deaths reported to MSDH as of 6 p.m. yesterday.

CountyTotal
Bolivar1
Calhoun1
Desoto2
Forrest3
Harrison1
Jones1
Lafayette2
Lamar1
Lee2
Newton1
Rankin1
Sharkey1
Tate1
Tishomingo1
Washington2
* 12 confirmed COVID-19 related deaths between August 10 and August 27, identified from death certificate reports.

CountyTotal
Bolivar2
Coahoma1
Desoto1
Lawrence1
Monroe1
Montgomery1
Neshoba1
Prentiss1
Rankin1
Tate2

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
So there I was the other day, making a run to my local COVID-19 protocols-enforced Target Store.

Lo and behold, set up inside at a little table on one of the main aisles was a masked Target/CVS Pharmacy LPN who was encouraging shoppers to get their annual FLU vaccinations! Especially seasoned citizens!

I couldn't believe it.

I felt sorry for her, as most shoppers avoided her like she had (wait for it!)... the flu. Or COVID-19. Or the plague!

I just can't wait for the equally ineffective COVID-19 vaccine next year! <sarc>

·
Registered
6,624 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,812
COVID-19 in Mississippi
New Cases and Deaths as of September 2

New Cases

New Deaths

CountyTotal
Bolivar1
Forrest 1
Harrison3
Hinds1
Lauderdale1
Lee1
Lincoln1
Rankin1

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
So there I was the other day, making a run to my local COVID-19 protocols-enforced Target Store.

Lo and behold, set up inside at a little table on one of the main aisles was a masked Target/CVS Pharmacy LPN who was encouraging shoppers to get their annual FLU vaccinations! Especially seasoned citizens!

I couldn't believe it.

I felt sorry for her, as most shoppers avoided her like she had (wait for it!)... the flu. Or COVID-19. Or the plague!

I just can't wait for the equally ineffective COVID-19 vaccine next year! <sarc>
If you took a flu shot last year check the date that you took it. You want a new one to be within a week by year as you took the last one. Mom needed a B-12 shot 5 days before taking a flu shot or she was sick for a week with the flu.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,816
COVID-19 in Mississippi
New Cases and Deaths as of September 3

New Cases

New Deaths

CountyTotal
Bolivar1
Forrest1
Hinds2
Jones1
Lamar2
Lauderdale1
Leflore1
Lowndes1
Marshall1
Monroe1
Panola2
Perry1
Pike1
Rankin3
Simpson1
Tippah1
Tunica1
Warren1

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,296 Posts
😅

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
And here's what Stockholm University actually said (without the meme that some internet clown made up);

"It is not yet possible to compare the development of Covid-19 in different countries

This is explained by Statistics Professor Dan Hedlin in an interview with Radio Sweden, commenting on "Sweden topped COVID-19 deaths per capita" headlines in different media.

Comparisons between different countries, regarding death rates in Covid-19, are difficult and may be misleading, as long as there is a reporting delay in some countries, and the number of deaths are measured differently in different countries.

Furthermore, the average for a country might not say so much, when there are large differences between different regions within a country, says Dan Hedlin."

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
giphy.gif

3801 - 3820 of 3853 Posts