Mississippi Gun Owners banner

4241 - 4260 of 4286 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
rigrat

My apologies. I allowed myself to get emotional, and I try not to do that. I've deleted my latest posts to you. They will stay up in your quotes, so you can do with them as you wish. I do not concede any of the facts, but I do regret my tone.

I'm spending too much time trying to debunk these conspiracy theories, here and other places, and I allowed myself to get drawn into a conversation that is fruitless to pursue. I can, and will, continue to refute claims that use false memes or links to disinformation, but I will try my best to stay away from arguments that are based on just opinions and feelings. That's a losing proposition, no matter the facts, and I shouldn't have allowed myself to get involved.

Reactions: rigrat

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,852 Posts
No need to apologize I got caught up in it myself. Something lately I have been trying to avoid but sometimes the monster in me just comes out. My apologizes to you.
Take care no harm no fowl.

Reactions: Hoot G

·
Registered
5,248 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts

·
Registered
5,248 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Another meme with lies about masking. No surprise. Wear it, don't wear it, but don't lie about it.

Besides the data below, if any of those claims were true, we (military) wouldn't be able to wear gas masks. I, and thousands of other military folk, have worn, and active folks still wear, M17A1 and MCU-2P gas masks for hours. My longest was 14 hours, without a break. None of those claims happened. Mil gas masks are much more restrictive than the N95, or surgical, or cloth masks.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts

Reactions: infosponge

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Reactions: 2A_1791

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
TUCKER [CARLSON]: “The only people who voluntarily wear masks outside are zealots and neurotics”
pic.twitter.com/xwfXqbc4Ud
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) April 27, 2021
Masks on a tennis court. Future generations will mock us for this, but we allowed it. We let power-drunk politicians wreck our country in exchange for promising to protect us from a virus that 99 percent of us would have survived anyway. What were we thinking? Masks have always been incompatible with a free society. We used to know that. Masks strip people of their identity as individuals. Mask transform people from citizens into drones. They isolate us. They alienate us. They shut us off from one another. They prevent intimacy and human contact. If I can’t see your face, I can’t know you. Masks are for the guilty. They’re signifiers of shame and submission. Until recently, many jurisdictions had laws against wearing masks in public. Only Klansmen and armed robbers wore masks. The rest of us showed our faces. We were free people.
But then we gave in to the demands of people like Eric Garcetti, and because we did give in, this grotesque version of Halloween went on for more than a year. It’s still going on.

But not even Tony Fauci pretends that masks are medically necessary. Instead, they’re now purely a sign of political obedience, like Kim Il Sung pins in Pyongyang. We wear them because we have to. The only people who wear masks voluntarily outside are zealots and neurotics. How neurotic are they?
Well, we know. A Pew survey from last March found that sixty-four percent of white Americans who classify themselves as "liberal" or "very liberal" have been diagnosed with an actual mental health condition.

Reactions: righttoown

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
CDC Eases Mask Guidelines for Vaccinated People Outdoors (msn.com)

People who are fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus don’t need to wear masks when walking, hiking, biking, running alone or gathering in small groups outside, federal health officials said, taking a major step to ease pandemic restrictions while encouraging more people to get shots.

The same applies to dining at a restaurant outside, and to small outdoor gatherings that include some unvaccinated people, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday.

Yet vaccinated people should still wear masks in public settings indoors and outdoors where there is a substantial risk of Covid-19 transmission, such as concerts, sporting events and other crowded gatherings, the CDC said.

The fully vaccinated should also wear masks at indoor gatherings with unvaccinated people, visits to a barber, hair salon, shopping mall, museum, movie theater or crowded house of worship. Vaccinated people should also wear masks if singing in an indoor chorus, the CDC said.

The new guidelines are the latest easing restrictions for vaccinated people. They follow mounting scientific evidence indicating the risk of infection is low outdoors, especially among people who are vaccinated. The risk of Covid-19 transmission by vaccinated people is low, evidence shows.

Federal health officials said they hope the revisions will help persuade millions of people who are reluctant or otherwise haven't been inoculated to get the shot amid a recent decline in demand.

“The message is clear: ‘You’re vaccinated, guess what? You get to return to a more normal lifestyle. If you’re not vaccinated, you’re still in danger,” Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra said Tuesday in an interview with CBS This Morning.

Paul Sax, clinical director of the infectious diseases division at Brigham & Women’s Hospital in Boston, applauded the changes because they were based on the science of Covid-19 transmission. “It will motivate people to get vaccinated,” he said. “They’re using a carrot rather than a stick.”

The CDC, the federal government’s public-health agency, sets the voluntary guidelines to steer local leaders. The agency has been setting and reworking guidelines throughout the pandemic, as its dynamics have changed and researchers developed better understanding of the virus.

Many public-health authorities have for months encouraged masking as a key tool for reducing the risk of infection and transmission, though it has emerged as a political issue in some states.

The CDC didn’t previously recommend masks be worn outdoors for all activities. The agency had said on its website that “masks may not be necessary when you are outside by yourself away from others, or with people who live in your household.” Some places, however, require people to wear masks when out in public.

Existing CDC guidance said that fully vaccinated people could gather privately in small groups without masks or physical distancing, and travel without putting themselves at serious risk or needing to quarantine as long as they wear masks and take other precautions.

With the new guidelines, federal officials are trying to help vaccinated people resume some aspects of a normal life while preventing further transmission of Covid-19.

Vaccination appears to help slow spread of the virus, health experts said. To relax pandemic restrictions, health authorities have been racing to inoculate more people as a more transmissible variant has taken hold in parts of the U.S.

More than a year of research and outbreak investigations have shown that the risk of catching the virus drops considerably outdoors. The research indicates the risk is higher indoors, where the tiny air particles carrying the virus are more likely to linger and circulate, especially in crowded places with poor ventilation.

“The data are overwhelming that the real risk is indoors,” said John Brooks, chief medical officer for the CDC’s Covid-19 response.

Transmission outdoors isn’t impossible, according to researchers, especially in more crowded conditions or where people may be breathing heavily while in proximity to others.

In a systematic review of outdoor transmission published in November in the Journal of Infectious Diseases, researchers concluded that five Covid-19 studies found that less than 10% of reported transmission reported in outdoor settings. The studies also showed that the odds of super-spreading are much lower outdoors.

“We have unlimited dilution and unlimited ventilation” outdoors, said Joseph Allen, director of the Healthy Buildings Program and an associate professor at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. “We know that the biggest single risk factor for this virus is time indoors.”

Mr. Biden is expected to address the new guidelines in a speech from the White House Tuesday.

Upon taking office in January, Mr. Biden had asked the American public to wear a mask for the first 100 days of his presidency. He also signed an executive order requiring that masks be worn on federal property and in airports and certain public transportation.

Mr. Biden’s administration has focused in recent months on accelerating the pace of vaccinations, declaring a ‘wartime’ effort against a pandemic that has claimed more than 572,000 lives and infected more than 32 million in the United States.

The administration has set up federally supported mass vaccination sites across the country, expanded a federal partnership with retail pharmacies and moved up a deadline to make the vaccine available to all eligible Americans by April 15.

The average number of doses administered each day rose steadily and peaked at 3.38 million this month, but it has dropped more recently amid waning demand. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than half of Americans have received at least a first dose of the vaccine.

Still, Mr. Biden has urged Americans to remain vigilant amid concerns over variants rapidly spreading across the country. The president has called on people to wear a mask in public and voiced disapproval of states that have relaxed mask mandates.

###

You may now. You have nanny fed's permission. <sarc>

Reactions: Hoot G

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Never Be Forced into a Face Mask, a Vaccine, a Covid Test, or Any Other Public Health Mandate: How To Do That and Why - LewRockwell

Public health mandates have no place in a free society. In fact, the entire public health industry has no place in a free society. From its very roots, public health is a philosophically impoverished set of theories that leaves individuals both less free and less healthy.

Health is an individual matter and something that many hold dear. “Public health” is a manipulatively named term that is meant to pull at your heartstrings. It is the most vile imposition upon the lives of you and your loved ones couched in the most gentle and manipulative terms. That alone should tell you enough to distrust anyone pitching you on a public health solution: they have either been fooled or are trying to fool you. Either way anyone pitching a public health mandate does not deserve your trust.

I encourage all people to fight the imposition of public health in their lives.

Sometimes, that requires baby steps. Even the most bold champions out there, all of your favorite heroes, learned their ability with baby steps. I get many requests along the lines of “How can I avoid X public health mandate?” There are many ways. I find the below method works well.

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
(Almost) All Clear:

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — All capacity restrictions on indoor and outdoor events in Mississippi have been lifted under a new executive order that goes into effect at 5 p.m. Friday.

Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves announced executive order 1551 Friday afternoon. It also applies to K-12 school events.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,852 Posts
To hell with his order.

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts

·
Registered
5,248 Posts

·