Mississippi Gun Owners banner
4541 - 4560 of 4597 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Any idea where these camps are being built?

That document is talking about existing camps, displaced populations and low-resource settings in third world countries, "humanitarian settings", and the like. Nowhere does it address building "reeducation camps" or anything of the sort. It is also a working paper to determine best efforts in case of uncontrolled COVID-19 epidemic, which we haven't seen, and again, in third world (fiscally disadvantaged) countries.

If you would read the footnotes 1 and 2, from the first paragraph, you'd get a better understanding of what this paper is actually discussing.

It's also an early paper (July 2020) when the danger from covid wasn't as well known as it is now. "Considerations are based on current evidence known about the transmission and severity of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and may need to be revised as more information becomes available." Note that in the paper, it states that there are no vaccines available. That is no longer true.

"Re-education" and "high risk individuals" are two completely different things. One is a verb, and one is a noun. They have nothing to do with each other.

There are strategy papers developed by the gov't on all kinds of possible (and impossible) scenarios, to enable the gov't to respond to unforeseen circumstances. What to do if we're invaded by aliens is one of them, and there are lots of working papers that are just as foolish (unless they happen). And again, this is not aimed at first world countries. Nor is it suggested as a remedy for the current level of covid infection, even in the third world.
28 days later.....

Font Number Event

·
Registered
18,234 Posts
Will do! Heard the Canadian truckers are going to vax deadline 1/05/2022 , supplies will sure be short handed...
Those last 2 bills on your list are pretty obvious, in your face, despotic/tyrannical. I doubt they'll pass, but as I said in another thread a couple hours ago, we are in the pushin' and shovin' time. Maybe be the shootin' and duckin' time soon.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
28 days later.....
That has nothing to do with CDC document listed as "evidence" in the earlier conversation. New York State isn't the United States. I asked where the camps are that he claimed were being built. Crickets. Even with your misrepresentation of the laws of NYS, I'm still waiting for an answer to the question, "Where are the camps?"

Besides, those Bills are not likely to pass (like most leftist bills), and the Constitutionality of those bills, if they were passed (this time) is highly doubtful, and would be struck down by the Courts. This happens every year, in a number of States, and in the US Congress.

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts

U.S. health regulators cleared use of a Covid-19 pill from Pfizer Inc., the first drug that newly infected patients can now take at home to stay out of the hospital.

The authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday permits doctors to prescribe the medicine to high-risk patients age 12 and older early in the course of disease, shortly after they develop symptoms.

The FDA said the drug, named Paxlovid, worked safely and would be an important tool in reducing hospital admissions and death.

The pill arrives as the Omicron variant spreads across the U.S. Researchers expect antivirals like Paxlovid would be effective against the new strain because of the way they work, but are waiting for studies to confirm their suspicion.
Paxlovid is expected to be available at pharmacies and hospitals in the coming days. Initial supplies will be limited, until Pfizer can ramp up production.

Pfizer will ship tens of thousands of treatment courses in the U.S. before the end of this year, and hundreds of thousands at the start of 2022, a spokeswoman said. The U.S. government has agreed to pay $5.29 billion to purchase 10 million treatment courses that Pfizer will deliver by the end of next year.

Pfizer said it aims to make 120 million treatment courses next year, up from its previous projection of 80 million.

The pill’s key advantage over most existing treatments is that patients can easily take them at home, unlike antibody therapies or the antiviral Veklury that usually require administration at a clinic or hospital.

“This breakthrough therapy, which has been shown to significantly reduce hospitalizations and deaths and can be taken at home, will change the way we treat COVID-19,” said Pfizer Chief Executive Albert Bourla.

Pfizer’s pill was found to be more effective than another Covid-19 pill, developed by Merck & Co. and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics LP, in separate studies. The Merck-Ridgeback pill is expected to receive FDA authorization soon.

Paxlovid’s launch puts Pfizer in position to have a commanding presence in the world’s response to the pandemic.

The company’s Covid-19 vaccine, called Comirnaty and developed with BioNTech SE, has become the preferred shot for many countries and is expected to total more than $36 billion in world-wide sales this year.

Paxlovid could reach $18 billion in sales next year, according to JPMorgan Chase & Co. analysts.

Pfizer has said laboratory tests indicate that Paxlovid could work against the Omicron variant, in part because the drug works differently than other therapies targeting the spike protein on the virus.

Researchers designed the pill to stop the coronavirus from spreading in people by blocking activity of a key enzyme, known as protease, which the virus needs to replicate.

The enzyme isn’t believed to be mutated in Omicron, which is why Pfizer and other researchers say the antiviral likely will work against Omicron.

The authorization comes after researchers found Paxlovid was safe and cut the risk of hospitalization or death by about 89% if people at high risk of severe Covid-19 took the pill within three days of diagnosis.

The treatment was also highly effective if begun within five days of symptoms, according to Pfizer.

###

I wish I owned Pfizer stock! ☹

Reactions: rc

·
Registered
361 Posts
The company’s Covid-19 vaccine, called Comirnaty and developed with BioNTech SE, has become the preferred shot for many countries and is expected to total more than $36 billion in world-wide sales this year.

I'm wondering when this FDA approved shot will be available in the US, or if it will never be available because of the legal immunity they have with what's currently being given.

·
Registered
647 Posts
12/20/2021
Backbiters rejoice:
Jabs 4 Jesus? Refusing Vaccination Goes Against Christianity, Says Archbishop

Red Right and True
The Most Reverend Justin Welby, the top bishop in the Church of England, said that getting vaccinated is a “moral issue” which should supersede personal desires or rights.
“It's not about me and my rights to choose, it's about how I love my neighbour. Vaccination reduces my chances — doesn't eliminate — but it reduces my chances of getting ill and reducing my chances of getting ill, reduces my chances of infecting others,” Welby told ITV news on Tuesday evening.
“It's very simple, so I would say yes, to love one another as Jesus said, get vaccinated, get boosted,” he added.
The archbishop refused to comment on whether he believed not getting the vaccine without medical exemptions was a sin, however, he said that he agreed that it is a moral issue, saying: “I'm going to step out on thin ice here and say, yes, I think it is.”
“Now obviously there are some people who, for health reasons, can't be vaccinated – different question,” Welby caveated.
Delingpole: Does Anyone Care What Archbishop Welby Has to Say About Vaccines?Delingpole: Does Anyone Care What the ABC Has to Say About Vaccines?
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) December 22, 2021
Responding to the pronouncement, Church of England curate Jamie Franklintold Breitbart London: “I think the archbishop's comments betray a total lack of understanding of the objections to the COVID-19 vaccine which include safety concerns, concerns about the use of aborted foetal tissue in the development of said vaccines, and concerns about the use of coercion, scapegoating and persecution of those who are deemed to be non-compliant.
“The archbishop also appears completely unconcerned about the emergence of a biosecurity state in which the government has arrogated to itself the power to mandate medical treatments for its citizens, thereby fundamentally altering the nature of the relationship between the individual and the state,” Franklin added.
The Church of England curate, who hosts the Irreverend podcast, went on to say: “Many people are finding it more and more difficult to believe in the narrative pedalled by the government and corporate media and are wondering what on earth is going on.
“The archbishop's comment do not address any of these concerns and his repeated use of the phrase love your neighbour' is a misnomer in this context.”
Welby has long been a vocal supporter of the vaccination programme in Britain, hailing the jab as “an answer to prayer” upon receiving his first dose last January.
The top Anglican has come under criticism for his stance during the lockdowns, in which churches were forced to turn away parishioners, even during the sacred Easter holiday.
In April of this year, Welby admitted that he should have done more to fight for the right of churches to remain open, acknowledging that he was too “risk averse”.
“”I got quite a few things wrong at the beginning… I didn't push hard enough to keep churches available for at least individual prayer in the first lockdown. We also said clergy couldn't go in, and personally I feel I made a mistake with that,” he said.
“I can make all kinds of excuses. I still think I was too risk-averse.”
While the Church of England has so far come out in opposition to forcing worshipers to present vaccine passports, there has been a growing movement to implement health passes.
The Church has said that vaccine passports would “run contrary to the principle of the Church being a home and a refuge for all.”
However, Durham Cathedral has announced that proof of vaccination, recovery from the virus, or a negative test result within the previous 48 hours would be required to attend Christmas services in the 928-year-old cathedral.
‘Outlaws’: Defiant French Priests Break Lockdown Rules to Keep Churches Open to All Defiant French Priests Break Lockdown Rules to Keep Churches Open
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) December 1, 2020
Follow Kurt Zindulka on Twitter here @KurtZindulka

·
Registered
11,776 Posts
Well, Paxlovid is sure to make boatloads more money than Ivermectin would for them! A lot of folks termed Paxlovid "Pfizermectin" before the name was announced. The comparisons done of Ivermectin versus Pfizermectin generally seem to come out favoring Ivermectin as the more effective drug as an antiviral. But they ain't no money in cheap generic pills produced by the billions (and taken by well over a billion people worldwide)...

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
Reactions: rc and maxhush

·
Registered
18,234 Posts
This will only end 1 of two ways. 1: The restrictions will remain in place and probably get more severe regardless of any data to the contrary, and we all become beholden to the gov't for everything. 2. People take their chances, raise the black flag and start slitting throats.

·
Registered
18,234 Posts
Don't care. Btw, here's an interesting poll report on the subject of who gives a rat's patoot and who doesn't regarding mask wearing, vaxing, etc: Us old conservative (republican) white guys are all gonna die. I suppose it's if we don't die of covid, the govt will just shoot us to protect all their new Dem voters. 🤪 ;)

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
Don't care. Btw, here's an interesting poll report on the subject of who gives a rat's patoot and who doesn't regarding mask wearing, vaxing, etc: Us old conservative (republican) white guys are all gonna die. I suppose it's if we don't die of covid, the govt will just shoot us to protect all their new Dem voters. 🤪 ;)

Forehead Black Human Jaw Flash photography

Reactions: rc

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Mouth Leg Guitar accessory String instrument accessory Jaw

Reactions: 2A_1791 and BasMstr

·
Registered
647 Posts

Interesting time in History.... when you have nothing to lose you have everything to gain.

4541 - 4560 of 4597 Posts