·
Registered
5,675 Posts

Reactions: BasMstr

·
Premium Member
9,699 Posts
Made even more serious by the bumbling *Xiden Administration:

But now, new reporting from Vanity Fair shows Biden was offered an extensive testing production plan back in October.
On October 22, a group of COVID-19 testing experts joined a Zoom call with officials from the Biden administration and presented a strategy for overhauling America’s approach to testing.

The 10-page plan, which Vanity Fair has obtained, would enable the U.S. to finally do what many other countries had already done: Put rapid at-home COVID-19 testing into the hands of average citizens, allowing them to screen themselves in real time and thereby help reduce transmission. The plan called for an estimated 732 million tests per month, a number that would require a major ramp-up of manufacturing capacity. It also recommended, right on the first page, a nationwide “Testing Surge to Prevent Holiday COVID Surge.”

• Haha
Reactions: BasMstr

·
Premium Member
9,699 Posts

NEW YORK (AP) — U.S. health officials on Monday cut isolation restrictions for Americans who catch the coronavirus from 10 to five days, and similarly shortened the time that close contacts need to quarantine.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials said the guidance is in keeping with growing evidence that people with the coronavirus are most infectious in the two days before and three days after symptoms develop.
The decision also was driven by a recent surge in COVID-19 cases, propelled by the omicron variant.

Early research suggests omicron may cause milder illnesses than earlier versions of the coronavirus. But the sheer number of people becoming infected — and therefore having to isolate or quarantine — threatens to crush the ability of hospitals, airlines and other businesses to stay open, experts say.

###
And here I've been thinking that "we're all gonna just die" for the last two years. <sarc>

Related:
"Gee, what does this sound like? It sounds as if the CDC is finally treating SARS CoV-2—COVID-19 and its variants like every other virus. Cold and flu contagions are generally within the first 2-5 days of onset of symptoms. If a person has no symptoms, then it is a waste of time forcing them to isolate. But not just time: money, manpower, critical resources.

Why was this so hard for the government to understand? And if this is following the science, then what the heck were they doing a year ago?"

·
μολὼν λαβέ
41,297 Posts
We've had 3 cases I know of this time on the rig. 2 I have been in close contact with . With the latest my boss who just went in with it. I still have a week to go so hopefully I won't get it but I guess the next 3-5 days will be the telling tale .

Reactions: Hoot G

·
Premium Member
9,699 Posts
Meanwhile, Israel is going for broke ...

·
Premium Member
9,699 Posts

The U.S. on Monday reported more than half a million new COVID-19 cases – vastly worse than any other single day of the entire pandemic.

Monday's tally of more than 500,000 new cases was higher than the nation's previous record of more than 303,000, a USA TODAY analysis of Johns Hopkins University data shows. The apparent spike likely represents some cases backlogged over the Christmas holiday, but it also reflects part of the surge of the highly contagious omicron strain.

###

Let's Go Brandon !

• Haha
Reactions: maxhush and BasMstr

·
Registered
8,638 Posts
Last week's MSDH email report came on 12/22, Desoto county with 34175 cases. Next report was 12/27, 34864 cases. That's 137+ cases per day. Daily numbers have been up and down. Hard to see an increase per daily count.

Skinny neighbor said her 2 boys have been sick with a cold since school let out for Christmas break. Yesterday I got a text from her, Husband and oldest tested positive to Covid. We haven't met at the fence to talk since the 23rd.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'm so done with this crap. I'm not playing the game anymore. I quit.

There is always some big danger that we can't handle and NEED the government to save us from. It's been happening with governments throughout all of time. They tout safety, but in reality it's control they are after. Coldvid-19 is just the latest hype, so that's the current tool they are using. People should stop letting the authoritarians running the world make them afraid of their own shadow. Fear is, by far, the best tool for controlling the population. Stop being afraid! The world is a dangerous place, always will be. People just need to stop being little bitches about it and get on with living. How the hell are we supposed to leave a better world for our children at this rate? The mass hysteria needs to stop NOW.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Could you image if they tested for the seasonal every year like this.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Yet again, "the science" is contradicting itself.

After December 31, 2021, CDC will withdraw the request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel, the assay first introduced in February 2020 for detection of SARS-CoV-2 only.

In preparation for this change, CDC recommends clinical laboratories and testing sites that have been using the CDC 2019-nCoV RT-PCR assay select and begin their transition to another FDA-authorized COVID-19 test. CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses.
Not news to me! The man that invented the PCR test said it cannot be used to indicate disease, but that is exactly how it is being used. Now the CDC half-assed admits why he flu disappeared last year. All the test does is amplify genetic material and will always yield a positive if you run enough cycles.

TLDR: CDC states the obvious, PCR tests are complete horse shite used to pump up numbers and propagate fear.

·
Rational Anarchist
15,459 Posts
This past week my family (wife & three kids) and I spent over an hour in a room with someone that tested positive the next day. It's been five days, and we are all fine, this is the fourth or fifth time this has happened in that past two years. None of us have ever tested positive and I tested negative for antibodies a couple of months ago. I'm thinking we are either the luckiest bunch out there or we simply cannot get it. We are all type O+ maybe that's why? Either way, I'm past done worrying about it. Did I mention that we knew that the person we were around had been exposed? I was kind of hoping to get it.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
This past week my family (wife & three kids) and I spent over an hour in a room with someone that tested positive the next day. It's been five days, and we are all fine, this is the fourth or fifth time this has happened in that past two years. None of us have ever tested positive and I tested negative for antibodies a couple of months ago. I'm thinking we are either the luckiest bunch out there or we simply cannot get it. We are all type O+ maybe that's why? Either way, I'm past done worrying about it. Did I mention that we knew that the person we were around had been exposed? I was kind of hoping to get it.
Did ya’ll only have the 2 covid shots and a booster?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I’ve had repeated close calls like that riding in the truck and sharing chips and salsa with folks that were sick the next day. I’m O pos as well. Personally I think it’s a combination of my body’s ability to resist catching it (whatever that may be) and the fact it’s not as transmissible as they believe. And after two years they clearly still don’t understand how it spreads. I believe it’s spread in the air but not via aerosolized projectiles but the particles that remain aloft. At a certain point of viral load in the air the virus begins to infect new hosts. That point is probably different for each potential host because everyone is different. There are real life doctors shouting this information from the rooftops but when Fouci decides to admit that the so-called medical community and the rest of America will march lock step to the beat of that drum. The only pandemic that wasn’t theater in 2020-2021 was mass psychosis. I’m not one to believe in conspiracy theories but if you listen to the interview with Peter McCullough on The JRE it will definitely make you wonder how could this all be stupidity and arrogance on the part of those running the show.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
41,297 Posts
Just as transmittable as the other strains. We have had 4 in 28 days get it. @ in my electrical department. First guy asystematic for the whole quarantine, and the 2md guy with flu like symptoms. Me and 3 others was in close proximity various times of the day around them. They made us test approximately 8 days straight. So far no one else in the department got it. But 2 guys in 2 different departments did test positive.
My sons rig has had something like 12 cases in 10 days .

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
So, today in the world of crazy things that you never thought would happen, a Long Island teacher has been arrested for giving the jab to a 17 year old without parental consent IN HER OWN HOME! She is in no way authorized to be giving jabs and I hope she does serious time and then faces a civil suit. Crazy bish.

These psychos are going to get themselves hurt. The next parent might decide to do something besides call the cops. You don't mess around with someone's children.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Just as transmittable as the other strains. We have had 4 in 28 days get it. @ in my electrical department. First guy asystematic for the whole quarantine, and the 2md guy with flu like symptoms. Me and 3 others was in close proximity various times of the day around them. They made us test approximately 8 days straight. So far no one else in the department got it. But 2 guys in 2 different departments did test positive.
My sons rig has had something like 12 cases in 10 days .
It’s all about how it spreads. Captive audiences like guys on rigs or multi-hour plane rides or in the home living quarters.

I’m no doctor or scientists but I’ve listened to a few world renowned doctors and scientists. And the common thread is concentration of the virus in the air and time exposed to the concentration of the virus in the air. This explains why outdoor transmission is low.

There is also a protocol for treating yourself once exposed to prevent viral replication prior to becoming clinical. It involves a nasal rinse with deluded antiseptics like iodine and batadine.

This isn’t medical advice. Just attempting to share highly reputable highly intelligent peoples explanation. The more we know the less we fear and the less you can be controlled by those using Covid-19 as a weapon.

4561 - 4580 of 4653 Posts