close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alien Gear patents holster design

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by sand_man, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

Steel inserts new? Ernie Hill 30 years ago!!

Enterprise65 and Quickeye like this.

2. Enterprise65

Enterprise65 Heavily caffeinated.

Kydex attached to leather? Not so original. I received one of their holsters for my 1911 as a Christmas gift, which I am thankful for. However, I rarely carry it because I strongly dislike the holster. I tried to make myself like it but after two years it's still a no-go. No matter how you adjust the clips you can never achieve anything close to zero forward cant of the pistol. A position useful if you don't want your 1911's 5 inch barrel printing through the backside of your pants leg. Not to mention the leather backing they used is so stiff even after numerous applications of saddle soap and repeated flexing it remains so rigid that it will not conform to my waist.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  3. Stryker6

Stryker6 Distinguished Poster

I like them got four of the alien gears, two IWB and two OWB also bought some of there shells to swap out when I want to pack something different.

4. fastarrow

fastarrow Distinguished Poster

I just received one for my commander length 1911 & my J frame S&W. I like the one for the 1911. But the 2.0 for the revo is going back. It doesn't hold the revo to well. It rocks back and forth. No matter how tight you make it it still moves to much.

5. Enterprise65

Enterprise65 Heavily caffeinated.

I thought I would give them another shot and was looking for a holster for my Glock G40, a G20 holster will hold the gun but the leather will be short and barrel will protrude from the holster, which is NOT what I want. I contacted them and asked if they could simply extend their patern by an 1 1/4 inch and offer it for the G40. They didn't seem interested in my request and what I got was, "If you sign up for our newsletter we will let you know IF we ever decide to offer a holster for your model."

Well that doesn't put a pistol on my hip and that type of service certainly won't get my money.

6. Blondie70

Blondie70 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I had 2 IWB but did not like them at all. Took 'em to a gunshow and sold them soon as I walked into the show. $15 each. They flop around too much and have too many screws, etc....I have me a Nelson IWB coming. Really looks good. (for a Ruger LC9)