Mississippi Gun Owners banner
121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Never been in there. Looks like that won't change anytime soon
Nice place, lots of interesting used Harleys, a few other makes. The small gun shop inside is nice, plenty of crunchentickers and high-end AR variants, PCCs, etc. and the prices on those seemed about the market prices nowadays. And all of our stops were on the same road, exit 93. Fairgrounds (vax #2 for a family member), then Scotsman woodworking shop / store, then the other Scotsman store, the latter 2 associated with the TV show on HGTV about the home renovators. Hellfighters is not far off the same street.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,499 Posts
I've been wanting last 3 times home to go by there and just look. I have never been inside of the place.

Reactions: HerrZnk

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Nice place, lots of interesting used Harleys, a few other makes. The small gun shop inside is nice, plenty of crunchentickers and high-end AR variants, PCCs, etc. and the prices on those seemed about the market prices nowadays. And all of our stops were on the same road, exit 93. Fairgrounds (vax #2 for a family member), then Scotsman woodworking shop / store, then the other Scotsman store, the latter 2 associated with the TV show on HGTV about the home renovators. Hellfighters is not far off the same street.
Dang you should've hollered. You were only 2 minutes from my house, behind the fairgrounds. Been outside hanging out all day. Even did a little shooting behind the house.

I've been wanting last 3 times home to go by there and just look. I have never been inside of the place.
Pass it every day going to work. Look at the same jacked up yellow hummer that's been there for years ha. And work like 3-400 yards up the road. The closest I've been is when picking up my PDI burgers and shakes.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Interesting place, especially if you're looking for a nice clean used Harley. I am not an afficianado nor an expert so I cannot offer an informed opinion as to how their prices compare to market values. Here are some photos:

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,499 Posts
Pass it every day going to work. Look at the same jacked up yellow hummer that's been there for years ha. And work like 3-400 yards up the road. The closest I've been is when picking up my PDI burgers and shakes.
I'd just like to go and browse a few minutes.

And I do need to try the PDI burgers I hear they are pretty good.

Interesting place, especially if you're looking for a nice clean used Harley. I am not an afficianado nor an expert so I cannot offer an informed opinion as to how their prices compare to market values. Here are some photos:
View attachment 258958
View attachment 258959
I opined, as I often do, "one day I'll have a bike again." (I had 3 at one time. Then I got married. Soon it was one. Then I had children. The 1982 Yamaha Vision 550 was the last to go.) Just like I often opine "one day I'll have a __ again. Fill in blank: Karmann Ghia, MPi5A2, FAL, Uzi, etc. Anyway the w*fe was looking at the price of a Harley at that moment and said something to the effect of "you can take money out of your deferred comp retirement and buy one of these."
AHA! An opening! I'm preparing my speech as to why I am withdrawing $ and paying the onerous early withdrawal tax in order to purchase a nice suppressor. So today's trip wasn't a complete waste of time. "It's only about 5% of the cost of that Harley we looked at." etc.
I'd like to submit the above for the weekly tangent award.
I like to say I want another bike to replace the VTX 1300 I had. But in honesty I'd probably not get to ride it much, certainly not enough to justify having it.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
View attachment 258958
View attachment 258959
I opined, as I often do, "one day I'll have a bike again." (I had 3 at one time. Then I got married. Soon it was one. Then I had children. The 1982 Yamaha Vision 550 was the last to go.) Just like I often opine "one day I'll have a __ again. Fill in blank: Karmann Ghia, MPi5A2, FAL, Uzi, etc. Anyway the w*fe was looking at the price of a Harley at that moment and said something to the effect of "you can take money out of your deferred comp retirement and buy one of these."
AHA! An opening! I'm preparing my speech as to why I am withdrawing $ and paying the onerous early withdrawal tax in order to purchase a nice suppressor. So today's trip wasn't a complete waste of time. "It's only about 5% of the cost of that Harley we looked at." etc.
Looks pretty cool. Hate the restaurant/steak house never came to fruition.

I'd just like to go and browse a few minutes.

And I do need to try the PDI burgers I hear they are pretty good.

I like to say I want another bike to replace the VTX 1300 I had. But in honesty I'd probably not get to ride it much, certainly not enough to justify having it.
They are indeed. And exceptional homemade milkshakes.

I've been itching for another bike ever since I sold mine. Want a little cafe type racer just to go to work and back. Or maybe a smaller dual sport.

·
Thank a veteran.
5,024 Posts
View attachment 258958
View attachment 258959
I’m about as Harley Davidson as it gets and the prices aren’t good. I can’t speak on the Jeep’s but I don’t buy from them. It’s a nice place but that’s it....

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
I’m about as Harley Davidson as it gets and the prices aren’t good. I can’t speak on the Jeep’s but I don’t buy from them. It’s a nice place but that’s it....
I'm sure they're just the same if not worse. But hey they have a cool name,"rhino". But what do I know 😏

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
@HerrZnk i have never seen a $650 enfield. What do They look like? I have bough, sold, restored and collected more enfields than I can count. I still have over 30 in my collection. There are only two models that will get that kind of price and I am betting it is not one of them since 1187 of the first (L39) were made and just over 1000 of the other (L42) were made. Should it actually be one of those models and is complete, $650 is a good price.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

300 BLK for < $1 rd before tax / shipping

Reactions: Hoot G

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
@HerrZnk i have never seen a $650 enfield. What do They look like? I have bough, sold, restored and collected more enfields than I can count. I still have over 30 in my collection. There are only two models that will get that kind of price and I am betting it is not one of them since 1187 of the first (L39) were made and just over 1000 of the other (L42) were made. Should it actually be one of those models and is complete, $650 is a good price.
It's a beater old No. 1 Mk III as used in WW1. Re-chambered (probably in India) to 7.62 NATO. Looks like it's been through Hades.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It's a beater old No. 1 Mk III as used in WW1. Re-chambered (probably in India) to 7.62 NATO. Looks like it's been through Hades.
So it is really a $140-$150 Enfield. That Is how most are. Sometimes I will come across a nice one that is worth $300-$400 but that is rare.

·
Premium Member
5,587 Posts

·
Just another day!
1,247 Posts
Gulfport Academy has a good bit of defense ammo in 9 and 40. Also have 45 auto and 45 Colt in 50 RD boxes. Plenty of 5.56 GT 20 RD boxes. All 2 boxes per customer

·
Registered
806 Posts
Was looking for this thread yesterday. Wally world in Vicksburg yesterday @ 10am had 6 boxes of Winchester power points in 270 inside the glass case & multiple boxes of 410ga in 2-1/2 & 3" on top shelf

·
Premium Member
5,587 Posts
121 - 140 of 168 Posts