21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts

·
Registered
16,427 Posts
Related:

That increase applies to wholesale. Distributors & Retail will add another few percent each on top of their cost. The march to price the po' folks out of the guns and ammo market continues - but it's all because COVIDCOVIDCOVID.:mad:

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,507 Posts
I like how they say that if you have all ready put in a order if it ships after May 1st they will charge you the new price and not honor the ordered price.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I like how they say that if you have all ready put in a order if it ships after May 1st they will charge you the new price and not honor the ordered price.
I believe Darth Vader said it best "I am altering the deal. Pray I do not alter it further". But that is a very dishonest thing of them to do and I'd cancel any order I have standing with them if I felt it would be shipping out after the price hike. I'd rather do without than go with that new increase because of a problem that was out of my hands.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,507 Posts
Yeah you would think that if they accepted the order at that price , even if backordered that they would have to honor the price it was bought at.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Perhaps on some level they do. Like how in retail, if you put an item on sale but forget to pull the sale sign, you have to honor the sale price. However, if an item is placed in an inappropriate spot(often by a customer) and the item in question doesn't match the barcode for the spot it's in, then you don't. I'm sure if they throw up a disclaimer or in this case a public memo to get that issue out of the way.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Came across this just a few minutes ago. About $0.59 a bullet, which isn't bad.. I used to shoot it and that's about what it was before, maybe a little bit less.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Just left the Olive Branch Academy Sports at 11:30am.

They had some .22LR, .223 and .308WIN ammo in stock on a cart behind the gun counter. Not much though.

They also had some 12GA, 20GA and 28GA on shelves in the shotgun ammo section. Again, not much.

Sorry, I didn't take note of any prices.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Big D’s Pawn in Magee had an assortment of ammo yesterday. Picked up a 50rd box of Fed 130gr FMJ .38 Spec for $35 for a friend. First .38 Spec I’ve seen in a while. Had at least a dozen boxes.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,371 Posts
Van's posted on Facebook this morning they had .22, .380, 38, 9 mm, 10mm, 40s&w, buckshot and slugs, and 5.56 in stock. From the pictures looked like they had a good bit in stock.

Reactions: Lreaves74

·
Registered
777 Posts
Anybody know what day the Madison Academy does it's ammo restocking?
I was in there this afternoon and asked a guy who said they get trucks in on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday. He said they never know what they are going to get. He said they got about $5000 worth in one day this week, but in one shipment last week they received more than $15,000 in ammo inventory. For the larger orders, they put out half on one day and half on the following day.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts