close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

An article that Sub should enjoy reading

Discussion in 'AR's, AK's, Silencers /Class III' started by 45flattop, May 7, 2016.

1. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

Mr. Subgun can prove to you in a couple minutes if not quicker that a well tuned and balanced open bolt
    gun is a very formidable gun indeed!!!
    :101010::101010::101010:

Vick and SubGunFan like this.

2. SubGunFan

SubGunFan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Jackson
    That article does make some good points.

One "detail" not covered was....... trigger pull weight. Over coming (for accuracy) the lag time of bolt drop is easier with a lighter trigger pull. Open-bolt (OB) SMG trigger pull weights are much heavier than most semi-auto firearms. In an OB SMG, the trigger is a bolt release, not a hammer release.

Where I think a SMG would shine for SD purposes is......... Multiple hits on "subject" in rapid time. I have read that the body shuts down more quickly when it receives multiple hits quickly. Even if each hit is not that powerful.

And last.......... Like I have told some of you, you don't shoot a full-auto like you shoot a semi-auto. You MUST be ready for the "push" to keep the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. bullets close to where you are aiming.

22lrfan, Vick, 45flattop and 3 others like this.
  3. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

Love shooting full autos (when somebody else is payin' for the ammo)! Most of the ones I've shot, the Government was kind enough to feed!