close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another Good Reason To Avoid N'awlins

Discussion in 'Press Talk' started by sand_man, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Boudreaux

Boudreaux ULTIMATE WEAPON THE GLOCK IS....FAIL IT DOES NOT

2. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

Amy Hunter is right...a "political stunt." Most of the points cited were already against the law anyway. And, for those who don't know, stay the heck away from any area with "Desire" as part of its name, location, description, etc.! Desire is the worst project in the city and the most dangerous. I had to go in there once...don't EVER want to go back! :eek:

3. fordpkup

fordpkup Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

:yeah: You have no desire to return to New Oleans. Me either.

Vick and Sum Gy Custom Firearms like this.
  4. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

Last time I was there it was early '99 and I was picking up a load. Man told me to be sure to go right when I left because if I went left I'd never be seen again. Ain't been back, ain't goin' back!

5. BasMstr

BasMstr Distinguished Poster

Shoulda plugged the leaks after Katrina and left all the water. Woulda made a nice bass lake. Lotsa structure!

6. Vick

Actually, I meant that I do not want to ever go into the Desire project again...it was SERIOUSLY SCARY! :eek:

I have occasion to go to New Orleans several times each year, and will continue to do so. I don't find the city particularly scary, but I avoid places where I'm likely to run into trouble and I keep my eyes open and am aware of my surroundings everywhere I go. I do go armed whenever I go to New Orleans.

7. Driveshaft

Driveshaft Distinguished Poster

The law shows they just don't understand guns. If it has to have a serial # then what about most 1911 Philippine guns which have a serial # but not a real one? And you can bet that anyone they suspect carrying a gun will be harassed just because they can. Only some of the laws go after illegal guns while most go after the law abiding citizen who is just trying to survive.

8. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Stay pretty much away from East side.

Vick likes this.
  9. stewbaby

stewbaby Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

The only reason I even get close to that cesspool, is to get to the red fish and speckle trout

10. MrGoodtime

MrGoodtime Distinguished Poster

Blow the levees and flush that toilet

11. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

We live an hour away, so we go occasionally, but we go early, look around, overeat and leave early. I love Cohen and Sons on Royal, even if most of it is out of my price range.

phillipd, Vick, 94LEVERFAN and 2 others like this.
  12. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

Most of it is tourist traps and bars! I can overpay for food closer to home and not worry about the night life!

13. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

Dang fine food at Rebels grill here in Duelin Banjers an the cost be reasonable!! :D:D:101010::101010:

maxhush, phillipd, MrGoodtime and 3 others like this.
  14. DoyleAlley

DoyleAlley Distinguished Poster

New Orleans is an adult entertainment district surrounded by a slum.

15. burb1989

burb1989 Distinguished Poster

Saucier
    Wait. We needed another reason to stay away from New Orleans?

16. Vick

Yeah, Cohen's is quite a place. Knew the old man very well for years, but don't know the son's very well; but they are carrying on in fine style with about as fine a selection of really nice antique weapons as you'll find outside of a museum...and you can handle them!

17. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I remember going in there 30 or so years ago and buying the .69. caliber bullets for almost nothing right off the counter. Very cool store. Personally, I have come to find there is much more to New Orleans than the FQ and hardly go to the FQ, but when I do, I always go by there.