Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Complete Restoration Belgium Browning from the other side of Mississippi: it has been dead for 40-50 plus years. Found in a barn. Phillip I did not need your friends help after all. :):)

Attachments

·
I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.
4,735 Posts
I want to see the before pictures so we can all get an idea of what you were working with. My mental picture of a barn find is not very optimistic but she sure is beautiful now! Fine looking Rifle!
I concur.

·
Premium Member
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was awful and badly rusted. I will look on my phone and see if I took any before pictures. I have had it a while, while working on other projects, Thanks for all the comments.

·
Super Moderator
13,788 Posts
Complete Restoration Belgium Browning from the other side of Mississippi: it has been dead for 40-50 plus years. Found in a barn. Phillip I did not need your friends help after all. :):)
Man that looks great. And I used “friend” loosely, only met him once and have since done some research. Let’s say acquaintance. Very nice job

·
Premium Member
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used friend because you drove that far South and you did not see me. But I forgive you. You know by now that I kid and joke a lot.

·
Just another day!
1,244 Posts
Great old shotguns! Looks like you did a great job!! What is the finish in the receiver?

·
Premium Member
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is an epoxy. I get these old shotguns that the owner has not taken care of, so I figure I will put them a finish that does not need to be oiled and cleaned on a regular basis.

·
Just another day!
1,244 Posts
It is an epoxy. I get these old shotguns that the owner has not taken care of, so I figure I will put them a finish that does not need to be oiled and cleaned on a regular basis.
Looks great! Is that something you do for the general public or just a hobby?

·
Premium Member
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do it on my own guns and I do it for friends and friends of friends.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts