close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another school shooting

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by GunnyGene, Nov 14, 2017 at 12:53 PM.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

This one in N. CA. 3 dead + shooter. Sounds like a nutcase.

Scharfschütze likes this.
  2. I know that area quite well. The now deceased shooter was a convicted felon. But wait, felons can't have guns. That's illegal! :rolleyes:

Standby for more California laws that will only make the California snowflakes feel better.

3. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

Que the Feinstein/Pelosi tag team. :rolleyes:

4. Yep, Pelosi/Feinstein/Moonbeam press conference in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...:rolleyes:

This is one of the few counties in Kalifornia where the sheriff actually issues carry permits.

5. 2DARK2C

2DARK2C Distinguished Poster

saw shooters neighbor on the tv. said he was threatening and shooting a semi auto high capacity mag hundreds of rounds. almost verbatim the gas station lady in tx.......

Quickeye and Blondie70 like this.
  6. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

Dammit, guess it takes a really, bad, brave SOB to go to an elementary school to look for victims. Glad the bastard is dead, but I would have loved to chain his ass to my truck bumper for several trips around the block. A big block.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2017 at 11:18 PM
    Leonidas and LearCo like this.
  7. Driveshaft

Driveshaft Distinguished Poster

So felons can't have guns and if he was shooting off several rounds is that legal in his neighborhood? What about brandishing a weapon and threatening people? At least two or more reasons he should not have had a weapon. If they would just enforce the laws that exist then at least 3 people would be alive.

Blondie70 and LeansVeryRight2016 like this.
  8. Quickeye

Quickeye Vietnam & Persian Gulf Wars MSGO Supporter

Busted for a domestic??? What's he doing with a firearm or ammunition?????
    Kalifornia Kops.

9. LearCo

LearCo Distinguished Poster

He doesn't deserve the chain but a rope will do just fine.

Blondie70 and Cliff731 like this.
  10. 2DARK2C

2DARK2C Distinguished Poster

he was said to have been arrested for assault with a deadly weapon a month ago. i'm waiting for the DOD connection to come to light. I bet former gov. contractor or test subject.

11. I know that community fairly well. I really doubt that his background is other than low life.

12. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Neighbors had also complained about Neal shooting guns at his home on Bobcat Lane in Rancho Tehama, about 15 miles southwest of Red Bluff.

Why didn't the police investigate? Would have been over and done with.

Johnston said deputies went to Neal’s home more than once but were unable to find him. They also set up surveillance outside his home hoping to catch him. That didn't happen, though.

Have they heard of a stake out?

The gunman's sister, Sheridan Orr, told the Associated Press her brother had struggled with mental illness throughout his life and at times had a violent temper.

She said Neal had "no business" owning firearms.

Sounds like a push for the law giving people the right to have guns pulled from users if they fear they aren't fit.

“He can get parts through a number of variety of sources and they come together and they can build them in their shop or they can build them in their garage,”Johnston said.

“The more restrictive that the laws become for people to purchase (guns), we’re going to see those criminal elements build their own. That’s what they do,” he said.

Now they will go after the sale of gun parts.

Marshall Jones, who owns Jones Fort gun shop in Redding, said it is legal in California to purchase the lower receiver — the part that takes the trigger mechanism. Other parts, such as barrel, stock, etc., are purchased separately to complete an AR-15 type rifle, he said.

So he must purchase the lower rcvr, ok thats right.

The shooter may not have had a serial number put on the gun, which would make it illegal, Jones said.

If he purchased the lower it went through a FFL and had a serial number. The only way it didn't is if it was a 80% or was filed off.