Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad is coming to visit this weekend (Nov 2 & 3). He is currently front-pocket carrying a Kel-Tec P3AT pistol as his CCW. He is thinking of purchasing a Ruger LCP II. No local stores in Natchez (where he lives) stocks them, so he'll have to order through an FFL. If possible, I'd like to borrow one for the weekend so he can try it out first. I have an original LCP that he can shoot, but I'd like him to be able to compare the Kel-Tec with the LCP and LCP II.

Any help would be appreciated . . . . Thanks

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,729 Posts
My dad is coming to visit this weekend (Nov 2 & 3). He is currently front-pocket carrying a Kel-Tec P3AT pistol as his CCW. He is thinking of purchasing a Ruger LCP II. No local stores in Natchez (where he lives) stocks them, so he'll have to order through an FFL. If possible, I'd like to borrow one for the weekend so he can try it out first. I have an original LCP that he can shoot, but I'd like him to be able to compare the Kel-Tec with the LCP and LCP II.

TwangBanger... if I had one... and lived closer, it would be "yours" for You and your Dad to try out.

Alas, neither is the case... :(

However... if there's a gunstore on the Coast that has one... you could go ahead and buy it... and have one of each... or gift it to your Dad... :)

Don't know what these Rugers are selling for in gunstores... but Bud's has the plain jane version of the LCP II for about $247 "cash" price... and $254 + "pocket change" for a c.c. price...

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/22617/Ruger+LCP+II+.380ACP

Reactions: Twang and Mesquite

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not near the coast, but I love my LCP II. The trigger on the it is much better than the lcp. Only problem I have had was with Remington target rounds. Every other shot would cause the magazine to drop out. Works fine with everything else I have ran through it. Sorry I'm not closer or you would be welcome to borrow it.

·
Premium Member
27,266 Posts
I'd help out, but I'm at the other end of the state.

I bought a Ruger LCP II about three weeks ago, and I love it!

Love its trigger compared to my M&P Bodyguard .380 .

My only 'complaint' is that it comes with only one magazine, but Ruger includes a pocket holster for it.

I was fortunate to get a 'Plain Jane' black version from PSA on sale for $219.99, free shipping. :) (they're up to $279.99 at PSA now! Ouch!)

·
Super Moderator
8,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got one Twang. Call me one afternoon and come get it out my pocket!!!
Thanks, Randy. For some reason, I thought you carried a regular LCP, and not the LCP II.
I'll call you and stop by one afternoon before Friday.

·
Super Moderator
13,483 Posts

I have one but can't remember if it's a model II. It's on loan to Ellis' wife til I pick it up on Friday. @Ellis93, what model do I have? Steve y'all are welcome to try it if you want

·
Super Moderator
8,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: phillipd

·
Super Moderator
8,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is what I have already.
lcp.jpg

This is what I'm trying to borrow for my Dad to try out.
lcp2.jpg

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,736 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts