Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one and love it, i was just wondering if anybody on here shot one or had some good handloads worked up for it. mine shoots the hornady very well but basically i guess im a typical male and want more.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
yeah, love it got a pic of it in the gallery somewhere. 12in Perf Ctr 460 w/Nikon shooting factory Hornady right now, but have loading dies now and plan to start some loads in the future.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I worked up a load with the barnes x bullet and it is ok just havent had much play time with it. Mine is the smith 8 3/8 in barrel with the nikon 2.5 x 8.5 scope. I have almost quit carrying my rifle to spots that my shots are going to be up to 100 yards, i killed 3 doe last year, and a 7 point the year before with mine.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
you better muscle up a bit. she's a handful for sure.
"Instant Wood" is what I like to say when somebody shoots one for the first time. you will see that opossum grin and he a snicker when the trigger is pulled on a virgin 460 shooter.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
If you need you can borrow my Rl550B press and load some .460! I've got a RCBS reloader special too.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
G.O.D. - You gonna bring it to the M&G, aren't you?? Would love to see it!!

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
capt, I'll bring it. don't know how much ammo I have right now, but I have a few rounds anyway. it shoots 45LC and 454Casull as well.
sighted for the 460 rnd though.

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
Speaking of BIG BOOMERS!

Hey cap...when you gonna start a S&W 500 topic or do I have to do it for ya?

Need pics to. A Vid of that baby going bang would be "extra credit"

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't Know fist hand, but a customer of mine has both 500 and 460. He told me that he went on safari with his 460, took a small Impala at close to 70 yards. Now I can't prove that story, but he said it didn't even flintch. He said it was a small animal, but it lifted it even at that range. "hear say" :gun2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Love mine, have not yet worked up any loads for it though. I like being able to shoot .45LC, .454 Casull, and .460S&W from the same gun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts