Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
I'm a long-time wheel-gun fan and have always had a few around. Currently I have a stainless 2.5" Charter Bulldog .44 Special, stainless 2" S&W 638 & 642 .38 Specials, and an H&R 2.5" .22 LR in the stable.

·
Senior Curmudgeon
619 Posts
S&W 649 (shrouded hammer .357 mag) w/Lazer Grips in a pocket holster, sometimes in Fobus belt holster.

View media item 315

Reactions: rigrat

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
I too carry a 649-3 S&W Bodyguard in .357 Magnum (shrouded hammer). It's a little pocketful of J-frame terror! Only five rounds, but beats 'ell out of throwing rocks.

Best
Doc

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Well, before that dang boating accident I would carry a Ruger stainless SP101 2.25" .357 OWB in a Galco Combat Master holster. Course now it's at the bottom of as purty dern big ol' lake. Somewhere.:cool:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes, I have the Charter 44 SPL that Vick suggested some time ago. It’s a 2.5” with a pocket hammer but still DA/SA. Very nice gun and conceals well in the pocket, particularly in shorts and jeans. I usually carry this in more comfortable clothes, particularly on the weekends or after work hours. A slightly better concealment is the Taurus 856. It’s .38 SPL+P, six beans in the wheel, 2” barrel. I got it for my mom to learn to use, and she appreciated it so much that I carry it every weekday. It’s DOA, which I thought would be more friendly to an inexperienced shooter, but I far prefer DA/SA for myself.

I work/live in New Orleans these days (although I don’t know how much longer I can take the urban decay, business closure, and crime exacerbated by this plandemic - trying to make it to mid-summer), and while I trust being able to do what I need to do with the wheel guns, a PPK/S (Thunder) or even a compact Glock would sometimes make me feel better having on my person with their more responsive trigger pulls, easier reloads, and slightly higher capacities. Once I’m back home, though, I’m perfectly set. I do want to emphasize how much I appreciate the reliability and close range accuracy of these guns. They’re very natural in how they point and how the user acquired a sight picture. That’s worth the lower capacity and more cumbersome reload.

image.jpg

·
MSGO Court Jester
38,733 Posts
I have carried a bobbed hammer, 3" bbl S&W model 13 off and on since 1984. The DA is very slick and it shoots great.

Reactions: cottonmouth
21 - 30 of 30 Posts