Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 2 stocks for $20 a piece a Winchester and Inland I-Cut. Just looking to see if anyone restores these in Mississippi?

·
Registered
6,197 Posts
Douglas Bowser in McComb. Send me a PM and I will send you his contact information.

·
Registered
984 Posts
They look good to me. If not any cracks I would just wipe it down with denatured alcohol.
When cleaned rub some boiled linseed oil on them. I bet they will look great. Are there any cartouches on them?

Whatever you do don’t sand them.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Forgot. If you decide to sell I’m interested in the Winchester. My Winchester carbine needs a Winchester stock.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There’s some dents and dings on them (character) the I Cut has a very small piece chipped on the top right side of the recoil plate. I just wanted to clean them up, they’ve got cosmoline on them, and rub them down, if that makes sense, I’d like to pay someone who knows what they’re doing so I don’t ruin them since they seem to sell for a lot. I cannot find any cracks on them at all. On my two carbines, 1 is a pot belly stock and the other one was sanded down and has hairline cracks but very nice looking and the 2 rivet Handguard is cracked at the rivet.
These two don’t have the M2 cut out and I assume the I-Cut was a high wood but cut down. They both have stamps, I’ll check again this Thursday when I’m back in Jackson.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts