61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,852 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
There hasn't been any discussion besides the original post. It was posted to several of the MS buy/sale/Trade groups. Sorry, not sure how to post a link. Someone in a response here said they knew one of these people and would inquire, but hasn't updated.

·
Registered
952 Posts
It’s likely bull.

They’ll be coming for your brace about the same as they did with bump stocks..... not at all. They’ll be outlawed and they’ll eventually catch someone with one in the commission of another crime or from a search warrant for something else and it will be an additional charge.

The only time I’ve ever seen the ATF mess with individuals was at gunshows where the individual had a table, bought or traded for a gun, then immediately put it on the table for sale, which is illegal. Have to wait till the next day to sell it.

They may have went by to collect a firearm if the person was delayed, waited 3 days, picked it up, and turned out to be prohibited. I think the ATF handles that scenario and with the record sales it’s likely that the FBI is behind and guns are getting sold after the 3 day period to people with old domestic violence convictions, mental health issues, etc, who lie on the 4473.
Please provide a link showing where that is illegal.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I got you a honest question.

So if I am caught on your property without permission ( say cutting across it so I don't have to walk around) I am by definition trespassing.

So what would be the difference if I walk onto your property to get to your door. Would that not be the same thing?

And I realize you have to to knock on my door but to come uninvited wouldn't crossing onto my property for whatever the reason technically trespassing?
Because courts have ruled, it's not trespassing to come to your door and knock that you allow the general public to do:IE the postal service, FedEx, UPS, etc. Now if you have land and have it posted, then someone would be violating the notice of trespassing by crossing said land and signs.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,852 Posts
Because courts have ruled, it's not trespassing to come to your door and knock that you allow the general public to do:IE the postal service, FedEx, UPS, etc. Now if you have land and have it posted, then someone would be violating the notice of trespassing by crossing said land and signs.
Thanks was curious how it was different. I also was told but never looked into it that all land in Ms was by law considered posted.

Reactions: Blondie70

·
Registered
952 Posts
Already

Thanks was curious how it was different. I also was told but never looked into it that all land in Ms was by law considered posted.
I think the intention behind requiring it to be posted is so people know it's private from public land. IANAL, but think that's the way it works.

·
Registered
587 Posts
WTH is your point Sherlock Holmes? I'm not trying to sell you a time share. It's a simple question concerning posts I saw on MeWe sales groups. Do I need to check with you before asking a question here? Thanks for those that offered actual insight.
I think the concern is there are people who get logins on sites like this one who never make a post. Years go by and one day they make a post like your first post, something very believable if you are teetering on the edge of being a full blown conspiracy nut threeper. Or halfway believable for the uninitiated gullible sort. As a community we have a responsibility to dispel mistruths that attempt to radicalize or marginalize our community. It’s one thing to poke fun at the Alphabet groups who prove themselves inept and unworthy. I’s another to push “they’re cumin fur ur guns” story without a healthy dose of skepticism.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,542 Posts
I got you a honest question.

So if I am caught on your property without permission ( say cutting across it so I don't have to walk around) I am by definition trespassing.

So what would be the difference if I walk onto your property to get to your door. Would that not be the same thing?

And I realize you have to to knock on my door but to come uninvited wouldn't crossing onto my property for whatever the reason technically trespassing?
Technically anyone entering your property to could said to be trespassing.

Supreme Court has ruled police have the implied license to enter property to conduct a knock-and-talk.

The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that there is an “implicit license” that “typically permits [a] visitor to approach [a] home by the front path, knock promptly, wait briefly to be received, and then (absent invitation to linger longer) leave.” Florida v. Jardines, 569 U.S. 1 (2013). This implied invitation applies to law enforcement officers just as it does to other citizens. “Thus, a police officer not armed with a warrant may approach a home and knock, precisely because that is no more than any private citizen might do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I think the concern is there are people who get logins on sites like this one who never make a post. Years go by and one day they make a post like your first post, something very believable if you are teetering on the edge of being a full blown conspiracy nut threeper. Or halfway believable for the uninitiated gullible sort. As a community we have a responsibility to dispel mistruths that attempt to radicalize or marginalize our community. It’s one thing to poke fun at the Alphabet groups who prove themselves inept and unworthy. I’s another to push “they’re cumin fur ur guns” story without a healthy dose of skepticism.
I appreciate the explanation and it's not my intent to do such. I guess maybe I'm the borderline conspiracy nut 😂, but that concerned me. There's been no discussion on any of those groups beyond the original posts. I get emails from MSGO of hot topic discussions and thought maybe it had already made rounds through this group.

·
Registered
587 Posts
A prime
I appreciate the explanation and it's not my intent to do such. I guess maybe I'm the borderline conspiracy nut 😂, but that concerned me. There's been no discussion on any of those groups beyond the original posts. I get emails from MSGO of hot topic discussions and thought maybe it had already made rounds through this group.
If you’re paying attention to world events it’s hard not to be to some degree a conspiracy nut.

But you know there are tons of threepers more than willing to strap on that silly face diaper and wear it like they are saving themselves and everyone around them.

My point is people are being manipulated into irrelevancy.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Back to topic: as posted previously, AFTE has offices both in Gulfport and Jackson. I can personally verify this. :rolleyes:
So since I question the veracity of the out-of-state agents coming to MS, I must question the veracity of the entire posting.

·
21,542 Posts
Back to topic: as posted previously, AFTE has offices both in Gulfport and Jackson. I can personally verify this. :rolleyes:
So since I question the veracity of the out-of-state agents coming to MS, I must question the veracity of the entire posting.
There's a field office in Oxford too.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,852 Posts
Technically anyone entering your property to could said to be trespassing.

Supreme Court has ruled police have the implied license to enter property to conduct a knock-and-talk.

The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that there is an “implicit license” that “typically permits [a] visitor to approach [a] home by the front path, knock promptly, wait briefly to be received, and then (absent invitation to linger longer) leave.” Florida v. Jardines, 569 U.S. 1 (2013). This implied invitation applies to law enforcement officers just as it does to other citizens. “Thus, a police officer not armed with a warrant may approach a home and knock, precisely because that is no more than any private citizen might do.
Thanks that puts it into perspective, I have been wondering about that.

Reactions: 2A_1791

·
Registered
2,525 Posts

·
21,542 Posts
Reactions: rigrat

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been skeptical since I saw that post. It would have more legitimacy had the poster went into more details on what the visit was about other than just yelling that the ATF came to see him. If they were there because he screwed up somewhere on a buy/sell, that may explain why those details were withheld. If people want to get me riled up over the ATF, they gotta do better than that

61 - 80 of 103 Posts