Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just left the HP office. I was amazed that only took 10 minutes. It was also nice that they don't use ink any more. Now the wait begins........

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Thats good to hear... ive heard everything from 150 to 250 lately. The guy that told me 250 even has his permit.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know where he got his info. They were courteous and friendly. I handed them my forms filled out that had been notarized and my photo already attached, along with my driver's license and passport. She then asked for the $132.00 and I gave her exact change. They then finger printed me in about 5 minutes.
Sorry, more than you asked for.

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Slngblde said:
So you have to have a second form of id?
Yes and there is a sign just inside the door stating that your drivers license # has to be different that your social. So save yourself a few steps when you go and get that done first! That office is fairly quick everytime I've been though. Took longer to get my license changed than it did to apply for my permit

·
Registered
12,598 Posts
CONGRATS. I have had mine for a while and one of the best decisions I have ever made.

I predict October 14th is the delivery date. that is 43 days from today.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
jakeg823 said:
Slngblde said:
Yes and there is a sign just inside the door stating that your drivers license # has to be different that your social. So save yourself a few steps when you go and get that done first! That office is fairly quick everytime I've been though. Took longer to get my license changed than it did to apply for my permit
Im safe there, mine was one of the first ones to be changed... it was optional at the time(10 years ago maybe?)
what is everybody using for the second form of id? Im guesing it has to be a picture id?

·
Site Member
572 Posts
Slngblde said:
jakeg823 said:
Slngblde said:
Im safe there, mine was one of the first ones to be changed... it was optional at the time(10 years ago maybe?)
what is everybody using for the second form of id? Im guesing it has to be a picture id?
Pretty sure I used my social security card.

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
I did mine at the Jackson office. I used my military id. There's a list of what you can use on the link that can be found on one of the stickies on this forum

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the congrats. Now I have to decide the best way to carry. I have a S&W CS40 that I'm thinking about. It would be smaller and lighter than the Ruger P97 in .45.

·
Registered
12,598 Posts
dhollis51 said:
CONGRATS. I have had mine for a while and one of the best decisions I have ever made.

I predict October 14th is the delivery date. that is 43 days from today.
Dadgumit I was off by 1 day...

Congrats USETO

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You definitely won! I wouldn't have thought it would have taken so long. Oh well, It's behind me now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts