Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered one of these and the more I look at how it works the more I wonder if it's safe, as safe as it would be without it.

J.B.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,012 Posts
IMO yes as long as you blue loctite it so it want move after setting it up. I plan on ordering 1 or 2 here pretty soon.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have ordered one, the trigger on my AR10 is terrible! Wish I could put a Timminy in it but.........

J.B.

·
Premium Member
13,544 Posts
I ordered one of these and the more I look at how it works the more I wonder if it's safe, as safe as it would be without it.

J.B.
Are you talking about the one that replaces the grip screw?

·
Nocturnal Specialties
7,307 Posts
You look at the Joe Bob grip screw with the set screw inside it?

I've got a few JARD triggers I use to run. They were great but some the set screws would walk and you would have a issue with not being able to put it on safe or trigger wouldn't reset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Nocturnal Specialties
7,307 Posts
Yeah and is threaded with a screw inside of it. The way I understand it, it’s contacting the trigger taking out some of the creep?

J.B.
Yep. Just adjust pretravel. But your limited on how much you can take out cause the trigger bar hits the safety.
I've ground the bar down some to get it to clear the safety but it's alot of work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,544 Posts
The ones that replace the grip screw will take out a little of the pretravel. Put it on safe and pull the trigger. The movement you feel it what it will remove. I've made my own for most of my AR's. I cut off about a quarter inch of the grip screw with a Dremel and then cut a slot in the cutoff piece with the Dremel for a screwdriver, basically making a short screw. Put it on safe and screw the piece in until it touches the safety. Back it up just enough for the safety to turn without binding. I locktite them in place to keep them from moving.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I'm thinking that it's partially pulling the trigger, makes me wonder if it could fire if dropped.

J.B.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The ones that replace the grip screw will take out a little of the pretravel. Put it on safe and pull the trigger. The movement you feel it what it will remove. I've made my own for most of my AR's. I cut off about a quarter inch of the grip screw with a Dremel and then cut a slot in the cutoff piece with the Dremel for a screwdriver, basically making a short screw. Put it on safe and screw the piece in until it touches the safety. Back it up just enough for the safety to turn without binding. I locktite them in place to keep them from moving.
I wasted $10.00! :groan:

J.B.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,359 Posts
I would just get some different springs personally. That and run some more rounds through it and lots of SG lube to slick it up.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,012 Posts
I've got the 3.5# springs and polished the heck out of it. Now I want to squeeze the last little but out of it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts