Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
10,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started looking for a speed loader for 9mm S&W Shield magazines and I noticed that 9 mm speed loaders are advertised as gun specific.

Are they?

I have several loaders (.223, .22, .45, .40 and possibly a 9mm that I can't find) but have not bought one for a while.

I thought they were pretty universal for a specific caliber regardless of the brand gun.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I too always thought they'd be universal, only difference I would guess would be between a double and a single stack on how it fits at top.

·
Premium Member
3,875 Posts
I have a couple of Uplula loaders, and I love them. They may not work on the Shield mag, though, since it's a single stack. They work on most double stacks, though. I've used them on S&W, Beretta, and CZ mags.

Reactions: Cliff731

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Go to the Uplula site I linked to, it goes into detail about specific models and calibers.

·
10,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Yeah, some of mine are Uplula loaders. I couldn't find any of them at the time I was needing one just now.

They are good but a little more expensive.

I tried some kind that said "Glock" on it, but it was for a .45 or something and didn't work well. It didn't fit the single stack 9 mm magazine at all.

·
I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.
4,437 Posts
I've got an uplula I think it is? Magazine loader and it works on everything from my shield to my double stack .45 1911 so I wouldn't say they where specific

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,120 Posts
The ADCO Superthumb has one that is Shield specific, I had a single stack 9mm loader for my 1911 9mm it will not work on the Shield magazines, but they have one that will. Has the same part number so you have to make sure it says "works on Shield magazines" The sides are thicker on the 1911 loader.
adco1.jpg
adco2.jpg

·
Rational Anarchist
14,491 Posts
This is what I use, it works and I love it!
E8299E4E-35FB-442F-A57D-2A41CB39C697.jpeg

It allowed me to quickly load all of the pictured mags with none of the fatigue that normally goes with the task. I’ve had various loaders over the years but this is the best one that I have ever tried. Previously I only would resort to the loader after my fingers tired of loading or if they were too cold to handle the job.

Maglula UpLULA Magazine Speed Loader 9mm, 0.45 ACP UP60B https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001HBHNHE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_C0A2AbT01VSVR

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,476 Posts
The ADCO Superthumb has one that is Shield specific, I had a single stack 9mm loader for my 1911 9mm it will not work on the Shield magazines, but they have one that will. Has the same part number so you have to make sure it says "works on Shield magazines" The sides are thicker on the 1911 loader. View attachment 77183 View attachment 77184
I have found the ADCO Superthumb to be a very good and easy to use mag loader that is simple, inexpensive, and has zero moving parts on it... and will help load most any double stack mag and some single stack mags quickly... and painlessly too! :)

·
10,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I finally found my UPLula loader, and it worked great on my 9 mm S&W Shield magazine. It looked too wide but it worked great.

Thanks for telling me, y'all.

(I already ordered some other brand that is specifically listed for the Shield. Oh, well. My son will need a Christmas stocking stuffer.)

·
Premium Member
3,875 Posts
I was in Dad's Super Pawn in Gulfport, and they showed me a demo of this thing called a MagPump. It was really nice, if a bit pricey. You can load rounds in any direction in the hopper, and it will line them up and load them in the right direction. I'm going to be saving my pennies to get one of these things.

The Fastest, Easiest Way to Load Magazines

·
10,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was in Dad's Super Pawn in Gulfport, and they showed me a demo of this thing called a MagPump. It was really nice, if a bit pricey. You can load rounds in any direction in the hopper, and it will line them up and load them in the right direction. I'm going to be saving my pennies to get one of these things.

The Fastest, Easiest Way to Load Magazines
Neat, but I predict that soon the ATF will ban magazine fast loading devices. ;)

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,476 Posts
I finally found my UPLula loader, and it worked great on my 9 mm S&W Shield magazine. It looked too wide but it worked great.

Thanks for telling me, y'all.

(I already ordered some other brand that is specifically listed for the Shield. Oh, well. My son will need a Christmas stocking stuffer.)
If you watch any of the Hickok45 videos from current to those made in the last several years or so when he's reviewing a semi-auto centerfire pistol with double stack magazines... he's using what appears to be an UPLula loader. You'll certainly notice just how fast and effortlessly one of these helps to accomplish that task... :)

·
Premium Member
13,544 Posts
I recently bought an uplula after seeing one on his video. He did one video specifically on the uplula. Then I bought one for loading Colt 9mm mags for my AR. I hated loading those things. 25 rounds in the 30 round mags was all I ever loaded because the last ones we're nearly impossible. With the maglula 30 rounds is a piece of cake.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
If you watch any of the Hickok45 videos from current to those made in the last several years or so when he's reviewing a semi-auto centerfire pistol with double stack magazines... he's using what appears to be an UPLula loader. You'll certainly notice just how fast and effortlessly one of these helps to accomplish that task... :)
The only downside to them is that ya gotta be somewhat coordinated to use it. ;):lol3:

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,476 Posts
The only downside to them is that ya gotta be somewhat coordinated to use it. ;):lol3:
Yes, indeed... as I've also "discovered"!!! o_O :p

Reactions: Jarhead5811
1 - 20 of 22 Posts