Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a trade/cash deal at the gun show today for a like new Springfield TRP Tactical Response Pistol. Once the weather is a bit cooler I'll wring it out with some factory ammo and some of my LSWC reloads, but for now I intend to stay indoors as much as humanly possible.

All life forms, including mine, are in danger from the heat. I actually got pretty badly dehydrated while trying to set up my table for the show on Friday afternoon. Another ten minutes and I might have been in real trouble, but luckily I began recognizing the signs and found the Powerade machine in working order.

Pictures of the new shooter will be coming along eventually.

Okay, here's one that says it all.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Yep, had a guy tell me today, "When you start seein' them monkeys dancin', son, it's time to git yer butt inside and cool off some." Ah, eternal words of wisdom... :blink:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice!!!! I had a springfield and let it get away from me, i currently have a taurus and will be putn it down the road for another springfield when i get home........1911 is the way to go!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
There was one of these at the Jackson show this weekend, first time i'd seen one in person. Gorgeous.. The only issue I'd have with it, is between the g10 grips and the sharpness of the checkering on the front strap seems like it would turn your hands to ground beef after a couple hundred rounds. But a sexy beast, none the less.

·
Administrator
13,035 Posts
You get used to the grips and the 20lpi front strap. It's a little sharp at 1st but you'll love it when your hands are sweaty.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
maybe one day I'll get the opportunity to check one out.. I'm used to getting bit by the hammer on my old colt, so it can't be worse than that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts