Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15,488 Posts
Hmmmmm. PSA bought H&R. I’m glad somebody did. I couldn't find any online signs of life. The H&R1871 site is still up but all the links go to the dead letter office. Man I hope PSA brings back the H&R line of firearms. Good solid affordable rifles and shotguns.
I noticed that. I feel like it is probably just old stock someone found trying to fill the gun cabinet, since they don’t have anything else. I think PSA probably has their hands full right now. H&R will be a good backup plan for them if any serious gun control gets passed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
True.......Single shots will be the last to be banned right before the black powder flint lock muzzle loaders......

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,371 Posts
I noticed that. I feel like it is probably just old stock someone found trying to fill the gun cabinet, since they don’t have anything else. I think PSA probably has their hands full right now. H&R will be a good backup plan for them if any serious gun control gets passed.
PSA posted on AR15.com a few months ago that they had big plans for H&R, even hinted they might build a H&R branded Garand.

Reactions: rigrat and jakeg823

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
PSA posted on AR15.com a few months ago that they had big plans for H&R, even hinted they might build a H&R branded Garand.
Good grief, I can only begin to imagine what it would cost to tool up and implement all of the machining necessary to manufacture a "RIFLE, CAL. .30, M1" now, in 2021. I imagine the price would be well over $2k.
I remember back in 1998 when Mauser made a limited anniversary edition of the K98 rifle. Back in 1998 it was >$1k. This for a relatively simple machined receiver bolt action rifle. A newly manufactured "Garand" would be an expensive proposition. Unless they can figure out how to make it less expensive than originals already on the market, I don't see that happening.

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,300 Posts
Maybe you were sleep walking. It is probably one found somewhere IN THE WAREHOUSE, but I read a week or so ago who bought the H&R in the Remington sell off. I was so happy that Ruger bought Marlin that I forgot the groups name that bought H&R but I will look it up. I just read a few posts back and see that some of our folks remember that it was PSA. I hope they do some good things with the brand.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,371 Posts
Maybe you were sleep walking. It is probably one found somewhere IN THE WAREHOUSE, but I read a week or so ago who bought the H&R in the Remington sell off. I was so happy that Ruger bought Marlin that I forgot the groups name that bought H&R but I will look it up. I just read a few posts back and see that some of our folks remember that it was PSA. I hope they do some good things with the brand.
JJE Capital Holdings bought H&R, they own Palmetto State Armory. They also got DPMS, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands in the deal too.
Parker SXS :unsure:

Reactions: DEADEYE 1

·
Registered
223 Posts
Don't know if that has anything to do with the Parker Reproduction SxSs but the repros were made by Olin in Japan.

·
Seeker of wisdom & Purveyor of the truth!
676 Posts
I hate purchasing firearms at Walmart, sometimes it’s worth it, my biggest gripe is they don’t recognize CCP, so easy to get delayed in busy weekends

·
Registered
11,538 Posts
I hate purchasing firearms at Walmart, sometimes it’s worth it, my biggest gripe is they don’t recognize CCP, so easy to get delayed in busy weekends
Knock on wood, I’ve never been delayed anywhere. The only store my permit has smoothed the way for me in is High Caliber in Long Beach.

I’ve bought more guns at Wal Mart than anywhere else over the years. Although High Caliber is a fairly close second.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Only place that hasn't recognized my CCW permit is Walmart.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts