ATF accepting comments on Bump Fire

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by GunnyGene, Dec 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

2. Leopardcurdog

Leopardcurdog Distinguished Poster

Thank you nra for getting the ball rolling on this.

para40 and ThatGuy like this.

3. A lot of thought for something that shouldn't even be an issue in first place!

maxhush, Jeff700 and para40 like this.
  4. GunnyGene

So far they have recieved 1476 comments on this, but none have been posted yet, so I have no idea what the pushback has been. Probably will be next week before any are posted.

Here's where to check: Regulations.gov

5. Sigfan

Sigfan Full Poster

There is not only the bump fire stock but also the binary trigger (shoots on pull and release) which is likely just as fast. Additionally GunBroker sells fully automatic M16 trigger groups which can be fairly easily installed.

There is no simple solution.

6. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

I had never heard of bump fire til that idiot killed all those folks. My question, what if he had used a 12 ga. pump full of 00 buckshot? Or Joe Biden's double barrel. What will they want to ban or regulate then?

7. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Another Federal Government knee jerk reaction to appease the people. This way the politicians can say they enacted legislation to help put a stop to mass shootings. When in the real world it will happen again and know one will raise the question well why didn't your common sense gun law prevent this? And then realize gun laws want stop a criminal or a wanna be criminal, only law abiding people will follow the laws.
    SMH

bar306, deadhead and GunnyGene like this.
  8. GunnyGene

Yep. 110% political from an organization (ATF/Justice) that by law is supposed to be non-political. :groan::mad:

bar306, 94LEVERFAN and rigrat like this.
  9. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

Exactly, someone with a little proficiency could have done as much, or more damage, with an off the shelf bolt action rifle and a budget scope.

...or a large truck.

...or some diesel and fertilizer.

You can’t idiot proof the world. Trying to do so punishes the innocent without solving anything.

Laws trying to prevent things like what happened in Vegas are like throwing rocks in a river, in an effort to block the water. Even if you throw tons of rocks in that river, the water will find a way around. Just like these psychos will find another way.

If we had enough laws, and the actual means to enforce them, we’d live the most tyrannical state the world has ever seen but we might be slightly safer.

94LEVERFAN, bar306 and mascott like this.
  10. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Gubment just trying to push more "feel good" measures for the liberals!

94LEVERFAN, bar306 and Jarhead5811 like this.
  11. Leopardcurdog

Leopardcurdog Distinguished Poster

To my knowledge, there has not been an official report on the investigation, that states that the bump fire equipped weapons were used in the shooting. All I've read is that they were in the room. If I've missed that report please direct me to where I can see it.

I think that the nra calling for these to be banned, was a very smart move to drum up more business. The same reason they kept giving money and support to harry reid. They need a boogeyman to stay in business and keep the huge salaries paid.

94LEVERFAN and Jarhead5811 like this.
  12. ThatGuy

ThatGuy I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.

Sadly I believe it's 100% true they like to keep a boogieman around and that's why I won't pay for a membership. Im also a "not one inch" kinda fellow and all that hollering about 'reviewing' bumpstocks they did really soured my tongue.
    I'm also not a big fan of national reciprocity and would have much rather them put their eggs in the shush act basket because that would in my opinion actually expand firearm rights and I kinda thought that was their job.

94LEVERFAN and Jarhead5811 like this.
  13. https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/05/16/goa-submit-comments-atf-bump-stocks/

Springfield, VA – Gun Owners of America (GOA) and its legal Foundation, Gun Owners Foundation (GOF), have submitted comments to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) in opposition to any ban or regulation on bump stocks.

GOA’s comments can be read here, and GOF’s comments can be read here. Both letters emphasize the dangers of regulating bump stocks, and how these regulations can be applied to semi-automatics by future anti-gun Presidents.

GOA also encourages Second Amendment supporters to submit their own comments, which can be done, with GOA’s suggested text, here: gunowners.me/SpeakUpNow

The ATF is accepting comments on regulations on bump stocks until June 27, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET.

“Gun Owners of America remains vigorously opposed to any ban or regulation on bump stocks,” Erich Pratt, executive director of GOA said. “These proposed regulations set an ominous precedent for future anti-gun presidents to abuse.”

https://gunowners.org/images/GOA-Comments-to-ATF-on-Bump-Stocks-Final-May-15-2018.pdf

https://gunowners.org/images/GOF-Comments-on-Bump-Fire-Stocks-May-15-2018.pdf

###
    No compromise. Proud to be a GOA member!

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    JohnDeere, maxhush and jakeg823 like this.