1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Technology Metal Pipe Cable

Discontinuance of Accessory Classifications
Effective Immediately:

The Firearms Technology Industry Services Branch (FTISB) classifies firearms as defined by the Gun Control Act (GCA) and National Firearms Act (NFA) based on the configuration and the design features of the firearm as submitted by members of the industry.

Effective immediately, any requests for a determination on how an accessory affects the classification of a firearm under the GCA or NFA must include a firearm with the accessory already installed. Except in cases of conditional import determinations, FTISB will not issue a determination on an accessory unless it is attached to the submitted firearm.

If you have previously submitted a sample accessory for classification, FTISB will be returning your sample without classification. FTISB will contact you in the near future with further instructions to facilitate the return of your sample.

ATF Resources

Contact Us
  • Submit Technical Website Question or Issue
  • Order Forms
  • Gang Resistance Education and Training (GREAT)
  • Submit an Alcohol and Tobacco Diversion Inquiry
  • Alcohol & Tobacco Permits
  • Freedom of Information Act

Did anyone else get this email? Sometimes I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, and I just can't understand what they are saying here. Any help?

·
I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.
4,824 Posts
They're saying if you want a determination made on a new firearm accessory, like all the companies do before coming out with a different pistol brace design, you can no longer just send in the accessory.

It has to be attached to an actual firearm before they will examine and classify it.

Least that's how I am interpreting it.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
They're saying if you want a determination made on a new firearm accessory, like all the companies do before coming out with a different pistol brace design, you can no longer just send in the accessory.

It has to be attached to an actual firearm before they will examine and classify it.

Least that's how I am interpreting it.
That is how I read it.
But what do I know, I'm just a linguist by profession. Trilingual actually (I don't count French anymore as number 4.)

·
I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.
4,824 Posts
That is how I read it.
But what do I know, I'm just a linguist by profession. Trilingual actually (I don't count French anymore as number 4.)
How did you manage to learn 4 languages?
Perseverance I suppose.

I sometimes struggle to even properly use the English language.

:lol4:

·
Premium Member
20,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I received 2 separate emails from them.

Reactions: Jarhead5811

·
Premium Member
20,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Or they think I did something wrong!!!

Reactions: Jarhead5811

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,708 Posts
How much you want to bet this will affect AR pistols and their braces.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,708 Posts
They are doing this so they can take every forearm in question on a case by case. Kinda like a catch 22 deal.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
"To find out if it's illegal, you first have to pass it (to us)."

Yeah. They might get a couple of suckers with it, but I doubt (hope) most gun owners are not that stupid. It's good as self-incrimination if you turn out to be wrong, complete with picture evidence.

Reactions: Chicknman

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
23,143 Posts
Why are yall getting emails from the ATF anyway?
Curio licenses?
FFL holder?
Regular guys with secret business?
"You are receiving this email because you opted to subscribe to e-ATF Web Updates"

Reactions: ThatGuy and Ellis93
1 - 20 of 37 Posts