Mississippi Gun Owners banner

81 - 100 of 218 Posts

·
Just another day!
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
We are waiting to see final verdict in Jackson county, believe @ moment, they go back August 3.
I believe our teachers come back Aug 3 and the students come back Aug 6. I think there will be more changes between now and then. As much as I hate to say it, it wouldn’t surprise me if the start date is pushed back or we go to all virtual for the first 9 weeks.

·
Super Moderator
7,196 Posts
Our school district just had a special board meeting to approve virtual learning in our district. Parents/Students now have a choice to stay home and participate via schoology.
All of Harrison county, or just West Wortham area?

·
Registered
836 Posts
I’ve got a 6 and 10 year old going back in a couple weeks and my wife is a teacher. I’m pretty freaked out about them going back but we don’t have a choice. Hopefully the MDE knows what their doing!

·
Waffennarr
8,839 Posts
Brookhaven School Board met tonight and voted to push the start of school back to August 31st. By then I'm sure there will be an explosion of cases in the schools that have opened 'on time". Rumor in Brookhaven is that Lincoln County School District already has both students and teachers out sick with COVID, I look for them to take action soon.
And Corey, I can tell you from personal experience: No, MDE definitely does not know what they are doing, they are flying by the seat of their pants. With the huge turnover and low pay for staff (but not for the State Supt., oh no, she's highest paid in the nation) they don't exactly attract the brightest bulbs, if you know what I mean.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,765 Posts
I heard they wont be going back until later in the year.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,765 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,668 Posts
I just hope they stay all home if they’re not in school.......Ellis needs some road time with the camper and a good dose of peace.

·
ULTIMATE WEAPON THE GLOCK IS....FAIL IT DOES NOT
3,466 Posts
I have 2, one heading into 9th and one heading into 7th. IMHO, they need to go back, like yesterday. I'm hearing all kinds of different hours and some sort of jacked up modified schedueling. No classroom changes and no cafeteria food...

This whole farce has gone on for far too long.

·
Just another day!
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
No, MDE definitely does not know what they are doing, they are flying by the seat of their pants.
Does anybody really know what they are doing as far as this virus is concerned? I think everybody is pretty much flying by the seat of their pants. It's easy to sit around and speculate as to what should be done with no threat of repercussions. Unfortunately, the people who are tasked to make those decisions don't have that luxury.

·
Registered
10 Posts
School administration aside for a moment, in terms of dicipline- school children from ages 2-18 can't be relied upon 100 percent to exercise dicipline in terms of either accurate social distancing, correct use of a facial mask, or thorough washing of hands many, many times per day.

So, it's a much larger problem than when to throw the doors open at schools!

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,765 Posts
I really wonder which is worse kids out of school in small groups out and about, or in a class with large groups of kids with a teacher that is exposed to all the classes making each classes exposure by far greater than just walking through Walmart?

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
I really wonder which is worse kids out of school in small groups out and about, or in a class with large groups of kids with a teacher that is exposed to all the classes making each classes exposure by far greater than just walking through Walmart?
The only time I've been to Walmart, since this began, was last week when I went (out of my way) to the least visited Walmart of which I am aware, in Holly Springs, in the middle of the day, got what I went for, in quantity, and got out (it was pretty empty at the time). I did score some "carb balance" soft tortillas (happened to spot them on my way in, didn't know that Walmart carried them). Something like only 4 net carbs per.

BTW, what's up with the the RC product shortage? I have been looking for Diet Zero, but it has dried up (been spotty ever since the TP Apocolypse began, but has all but disappeared in 2 liter bottles lately).

·
Super Moderator
7,196 Posts
BTW, what's up with the the RC product shortage? I have been looking for Diet Zero, but it has dried up (been spotty ever since the TP Apocolypse began, but has all but disappeared in 2 liter bottles lately).
With all the Stay-At-Home Orders, lock-downs and quarantines, folks have been staying home a lot more, and thus buying canned soda and beer to consume on their porch -- instead of drinking from the taps at bars and restaurants. That has caused a run on aluminum cans, so manufacturers are only producing the most popular sellers like Coke, Sprite, etc., and not so much of the one-off stuff like "Caffeine-Free Diet Vanilla Dr. Pepper" and such.

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
buying canned soda and beer to consume on their porch -- instead of drinking from the taps at bars and restaurants.
TA few of the restaurants we've been to (since our most glorious and gracious leaders have deemed us worthy to have such luxuries) aren't even serving fountain drinks.

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Bet it goes good with dill pickle!
Uh, no!

I don't understand their marketing approach with it - doesn't taste like Dr Pepper (which I like) and doesn't taste like cream soda (which I like).

81 - 100 of 218 Posts