Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This photo was shared just now on a Florida gun forum. It was taken at the Bass Pro Shop in Dania Beach, which adjoins Ft. Lauderdale. What BS!

It's time to boycott Bass Pro.

upload_2018-3-13_15-41-20.jpeg

·
Registered
16,158 Posts
This photo was shared just now on a Florida gun forum. It was taken at the Bass Pro Shop in Dania Beach, which adjoins Ft. Lauderdale. What BS!

It's time to boycott Bass Pro.

View attachment 74004
And the Beat down goes on. :mad:

Heart of ( 2A )Rock and Roll ;)

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Not sticking up for them at all, but typically to buy ammunition you have to be at least of the same minimum age as you would to purchase the firearm that would fire it. I can’t find where FL’s new law specifically addressed ammunition age restrictions, but I’d imagine it’s a CYA move by BPS, since you now have to be 21 to buy longguns there.

By the way, when was the last time any of us actually bought anything from BPS? Their prices are worse than vans... Can’t boycott if you aren’t already a customer.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just called their corporate offices (Springfield, MO), which required that I leave a voice mail and someone in the "appropriate department" will call me back.

My voice mail included that a boycott is being organized through social media and that the sign likely violates Florida's age discrimination statutes.

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
I just called their corporate offices (Springfield, MO), which required that I leave a voice mail and someone in the "appropriate department" will call me back.

My voice mail included that a boycott is being organized through social media and that the sign likely violates Florida's age discrimination statutes.
Does Florida have an age discrimination statute though? The only reason that kid in Oregon(?) stands a chance of winning is because his state has an age discrimination statute. Most only protect people 40 or older, and usually only in terms of hiring/firing.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does Florida have an age discrimination statute though? The only reason that kid in Oregon(?) stands a chance of winning is because his state has an age discrimination statute. Most only protect people 40 or older, and usually only in terms of hiring/firing.
I have been searching for a statue, and only found those related to hotels. The age of majority is 18 years, so there may be a federal statute that applies.

The latest Florida anti-gun statute prohibiting anyone younger than 21 years from purchasing a firearm, does not apply to ammunition, just all firearms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts