Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year is the 75th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge. Let's try to have an unofficial commemorative shoot at Magnolia Rifle and Pistol Club on Christmas Eve if we can. Bring your Garand and 8 rounds and we'll go thru a 8 part story w/ report remembrance of the siege (20 Dec thru 27 Dec, '44) and honor those that sacrificed so much to hold the line at Bastogne on that cold Christmas Eve.

We'll try to get range 6 at say at 2:00 PM?

Non club members with Garands are welcome of course, we'll just need to get the club waiver filled out when you arrive. Post here so I'll know who roughly to expect and let me know if you are not a member so I can get you my contact info in case the gate is locked.

bastogne.jpg

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,516 Posts
I once had the honor and privilege of an open and frank discussion with an U.S. Army WWII veteran who lived thru that epic winter ordeal and survived "The Battle of the Bulge". His words were filled with genuinely earnest and heart stopping emotion in relating an unforgettable description of what these men endured.

It was indeed a miracle that he survived and lived. This man found himself alone in a frozen winter foxhole somewhere in that forest on Christmas Eve of 1944... with the few fellow G.I. soldiers around him already dead from either Nazi German offensive firepower... or fatally succumbed to the record low and bitter freezing cold temperatures as they faced.

·
Death is Preferable to Communism.
163 Posts
I may be able to make it.

Reactions: 7557 and L Smith

·
Premium Member
13,574 Posts
I wish I could make it but we have get together with both sides of the family on Christmas Eve. :(

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
My late Father barely missed it. He was in a hospital in England by then having taken artillery shrapnel to his head. Permanently and totally disabled, but led a good life into his late 70's. 104th Infantry Division.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts