Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - got a rookie question.
I've been told its always illegal to remove the orange tip from a BB/AEG airsoft firearm.

How do people get airsoft tracer BB units onto their barrel then? The orange tip screws off for gameplay and then is put back later? Just remember not to show it outside the airsoft range to avoid getting in trouble?

Thanks lads and happy holidays.

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
airsoft is not a firearm.

air rifles are not required to have orange tips, talking actual pellet/bb firing spring , pcp, or co2 rifles.

airsoft as a sport may have some orange tip requirements, but MS,USA has none that i'm aware of. maybe manufacturers are required to supply an orange tip federally but i'm not aware.

shooting toy guns @ people is bad for children imho. even non firing toys should be treated as training devices as in "NEVER EVEN POINT ONE AT A PERSON!".

·
Rational Anarchist
14,494 Posts
shooting toy guns @ people is bad for children imho. even non firing toys should be treated as training devices as in "NEVER EVEN POINT ONE AT A PERSON!".
Mine follow the four firearm safety rules except when gameplay requires otherwise. They still aren’t to violate the rules with those outside of the game and never plsy their games with anything that could pass for a real weapon. BUT playing cowboys and Indians, cops and robbers, war, spies, etc. would be impossible if they always followed the rules and I think such gameplay is natural and healthy.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,047 Posts
Mine follow the four firearm safety rules except when gameplay requires otherwise. They still aren’t to violate the rules with those outside of the game and never plsy their games with anything that could pass for a real weapon. BUT playing cowboys and Indians, cops and robbers, war, spies, etc. would be impossible if they always followed the rules and I think such gameplay is natural and healthy.
^This^

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
super soaker squirters, non real looking paint markers, and nerf blasters would get a pass from me too. it's toy guns that mimic real guns and any actual "air guns"I have a problem with. my cousin had an eye shot out, I got caught trying to get another cousin to hold a balloon while I shot it.....it's a miracle I didn't give or get mortally wounded in my childhood.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
super soaker squirters, non real looking paint markers, and nerf blasters would get a pass from me too. it's toy guns that mimic real guns and any actual "air guns"I have a problem with. my cousin had an eye shot out, I got caught trying to get another cousin to hold a balloon while I shot it.....it's a miracle I didn't give or get mortally wounded in my childhood.
I broke my own front tooth shooting a mistletoe stem with a B.B. gun. I spit out the B.B. and the piece of tooth and got a trip to the old hardass dentist at 30 min past closing. Good times.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,124 Posts
I broke my own front tooth shooting a mistletoe stem with a B.B. gun. I spit out the B.B. and the piece of tooth and got a trip to the old hardass dentist at 30 min past closing. Good times.
I used to hide in the bushes and shoot my sisters with my BB guns all the time.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
From what I understand from wife's friend up North, mistletoe is hard to come by, if one doesn't get it when it's first available. It is very expensive up there!!
Make the right connections and the drive up there, and whalaa! Gun money! Cedar chips too.

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
i shot my spring powered bb pistol into a burn pile and it ricochet right back and hit me in the pecker....

up north my mom would make wild grape vine wreaths with little orange budded plant intertwined.

I hear fieldcorn tastes just like sweetcorn if you know when to pick it.

we also used to cut catnip,dry, then sell it.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
43BA7214-72DB-4157-BB0F-7478FB5460FD.jpeg
i shot my spring powered bb pistol into a burn pile and it ricochet right back and hit me in the pecker....

up north my mom would make wild grape vine wreaths with little orange budded plant intertwined.

I hear fieldcorn tastes just like sweetcorn if you know when to pick it.

we also used to cut catnip,dry, then sell it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
airsoft is not a firearm.

air rifles are not required to have orange tips, talking actual pellet/bb firing spring , pcp, or co2 rifles.

airsoft as a sport may have some orange tip requirements, but MS,USA has none that i'm aware of. maybe manufacturers are required to supply an orange tip federally but i'm not aware.

Orange tips are required only for commercial sale/transportation, there are no federal laws requiring keeping them after purchase and many players remove them. While it is advisable to keep it when you yourself are transporting it so it is less likely to be confused as a real firearm by an overzealous officer of the peace, it is not required. Now, many liberal states may have their own rules about it, I don't know, but you are correct, MS has no laws regarding this. This rule applies to airsoft only, paintball guns and BB/pellet guns do not fall under this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So if I am interested in buying a silencer style BB tracer unit, I have to take some acetone and high heat and break the orange tip off my airsoft rifle? The stores I have contacted either make it seem so easy, or refuse to disclose how to remove the orange tip for "legal" reasons. Are the higher end airsoft rifles sold with easy screw off orange tips?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts