Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Blessed are the peacemakers
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had this A5 Magnum show up at work today and I told my boss I just had to have it, my late grandpa was a massive fan of the Belgium Brownings and he would haunt me until the day I die if I had passed up the opportunity to get this for the price I did.

I gotta do some research on it and find out some details but from initial googling it seems to be a Pre-War model, the SN is only 4 digits.

I’ll get better pictures of it (and the beretta) on Sunday unless I happen to find some free time before then.

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,491 Posts
Your whole family and all your friends should haunt you if you pass up that one.
Refinish the stock and I notice it is a older one, the bottom of the pistol grip is rounded. They are great hard shooting guns. I have a lightweight 20 ga. and a Sweet 16. And if that one had given me the opportunity, I would go for it.:)

·
Premium Member
13,682 Posts
Nice one. I’ve got a standard 16 and sweet 16. Would love to find a nice 20. Check this web site for serial no. info.

Reactions: Emmit and 95 taco

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
IIRC the Magnum version was first produced in the late 1950s. 10+ years ago I picked up a Belgium made magnum in 95%. Try8ng to date the thing was a PITA for me, being a rookie.

·
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your whole family and all your friends should haunt you if you pass up that one.
Refinish the stock and I notice it is a older one, the bottom of the pistol grip is rounded. They are great hard shooting guns. I have a lightweight 20 ga. and a Sweet 16. And if that one had given me the opportunity, I would go for it.:)
I probably won’t end up refinishing it for a little while, I’m curious how it would look with a cerakote job and refinished stock.
I would love to have a full set from 10 gauge down but I don’t think that’s

Nice one. I’ve got a standard 16 and sweet 16. Would love to find a nice 20. Check this web site for serial no. info.

I’ve been eyeing the new sweet 16’s, there’s also a silver 20 gauge that has my attention also. What is the difference between the standard and sweet 16?

thanks for the link, I’ll see if I can decode this when I get home tonight.

IIRC the Magnum version was first produced in the late 1950s. 10+ years ago I picked up a Belgium made magnum in 95%. Try8ng to date the thing was a PITA for me, being a rookie.
Im also a rookie for dating firearms, we’ll see how long it takes me to figure out.

·
Premium Member
13,682 Posts
8 is manufacture year. V stands for 12 ga Magnum

1958 to 1968 - The last digit of the year was used. (Code "8" is duplicated for 1958 and 1968.)

Example
: Serial number 8G12345:
  • 8 = Year of manufacture (1958)
  • G = Model
  • 12345 = Serial number

Reactions: 95 taco

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,491 Posts
I will send a picture of a shotgun that is next to cerokote after it cures and I put it back together. I have always used Brownells alumahide that is a gun epoxy . I made up my mind this afternoon spraying outside then walking in shop to hang up to dry ; that I am going to start back using my paint shop. I have an exhaust fan and plenty lights. I can do the prep in my gun shop and go down there to spray. Congratulations. back in the 60s and 70s when most deer hunters used dogs in hunting clubs, your Browning was the most sought after gun. If a hunter did not own one, he wished that he did. Also great duck guns and about anything else. Great turkey guns too.

·
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I finally had some time tonight to try to take some decent photos, they’re just phone pics but they’re better than the other ones.

And some of the A400

And the Steyr RFR

And because I can, the start of my challenge coin collection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts