Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried lots of pistols over the years and always come right back to a Glock 26 or 19 (depending upon the application). I just quit experimenting because I'd found what worked for me. I'm thinking of experimenting again. Beretta has a new 92X G Compact. It has the same grip angle as the M9A3, just shorter. It has a shorter barrel. The "G" indicates the decocker only configuration. Other than not having any Beretta mags, I'm running out of excuses to not try one.

How about it? Anybody got one? See any problems with it?

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
I came very close to getting one a couple of months ago, and ended up not getting it because I found a smoking deal on an M9A3. I still want one, though.

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Do you like the M9A3?
Sadly, I haven't had a chance to take it out yet. I had an Inox Vertec 92 that got stolen a couple of years ago, and I love the Vertec style grip though. I bought a regular 92, and I like it, but the M9A3 has that Vertec grip and a lot more. I paid around $700 for the M9A3, so I couldn't pass it up.

Reactions: Cliff731

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
It's not an X, so it may not scratch that itch, but it's a 92FS Compact, and the price is right ($399) at PSA right now. Check out my very recent post to the Good Deals thread.

Sorry, already out of stock. :(

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
12,846 Posts
I've tried lots of pistols over the years and always come right back to a Glock 26 or 19 (depending upon the application). I just quit experimenting because I'd found what worked for me. I'm thinking of experimenting again. Beretta has a new 92X G Compact. It has the same grip angle as the M9A3, just shorter. It has a shorter barrel. The "G" indicates the decocker only configuration. Other than not having any Beretta mags, I'm running out of excuses to not try one.

How about it? Anybody got one? See any problems with it?
I may (or may not) have a Beretta 92 Compact pistol... :cool:

Beretta's 92 Compact offerings are "primo"... but... while regular "92 full size" mags tend to be readily available and often "affordable"... such is not always the case with Beretta magazine offerings for their Compact 92 line.

Alas, don't let such trivial matters deter you in this regard or pursuit...!!!

Here's some help... as will easily allow the use of full size 92 magazines. You you gain increased mag capacity too...!!!

The Compact is a "better sized" CCW pistol than Beretta's full size 92 and 96... (y) :giggle:

Reactions: steve2112

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a great price!
I may (or may not) have a Beretta 92 Compact pistol... :cool:

Beretta's 92 Compact offerings are "primo"... but... while regular "92 full size" mags tend to be readily available and often "affordable"... such is not always the case with Beretta magazine offerings for their Compact 92 line.

Alas, don't let such trivial matters deter you in this regard or pursuit...!!!

The Compact is a "better sized" CCW pistol than Beretta's full size 92 and 96... (y) :giggle:

Wouldn't a full sized 92/M9 mag work?

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
12,846 Posts
That's a great price!

Wouldn't a full sized 92/M9 mag work?
That is the purpose of the "magazine adapter" sleeve as showing above... :)

(it fills the exposed grip area 'gap' when a full size 92 mag is used.)

Reactions: maxhush

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is the purpose of the "magazine adapter" sleeve as showing above... :)

(it fills the exposed grip area 'gap' when a full size 92 mag is used.)

Have you tried it without the sleeve? Will the mag lock into place without excessive rocking and still function reliably?

I carry full sized Glock mags when carrying a G26 or G19. They're no more difficult to conceal than the small mags and are 100% reliable with no alteration. I just assumed the Beretta would work the same way.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
12,846 Posts
Have you tried it without the sleeve? Will the mag lock into place without excessive rocking and still function reliably?

I carry full sized Glock mags when carrying a G26 or G19. They're no more difficult to conceal than the small mags and are 100% reliable with no alteration. I just assumed the Beretta would work the same way.
Caleb... "that would be a negatory there"... I've not tried this sans those "Beretta 92 Compact Magazine Adapter Black" slip over magazine sleeves* when using a full size 92 mag.

I had purchased one or two of Beretta's factory 92 Compact mags... and decided to then "run" with my full size 92 magazines as I already had "on hand". The adapters can be bought from BUSA for about $15 each (2+ or <)... and 92 Compact mags cost way more!!!

*these are made by X-Grips... so you might find them elsewhere off of Beretta's website sales... :)

Reactions: Kjones and maxhush

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
12,846 Posts

Addendum here...

Caleb,

Beretta's full size mags do tend to "fit and function" just fine in their 92 Compact line... that "sleeve adapter" just keeps things clean looking and provides a nicer 'grip surface'.

Reactions: Kjones and maxhush

·
Registered
26 Posts
Haven’t tried this particular weapon, but probably the most fun I have is my Beretta cx4 storm carbine in 9mm. Very light, accurate and uses cx4 mags, which makes it a nice companion piece.
BTW, I’ve got a couple of 92fs mags (pro-mag) if you intend on getting the adapter. $20 apiece

1 - 14 of 14 Posts