close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Beretta ARX-100

Discussion in 'AR's, AK's, Silencers /Class III' started by nonnieselman, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:55 PM.

1. nonnieselman

nonnieselman Nocturnal Specialties

Anybody have one of these or shot one?
    ARX 100

Boss handed me one today to zero. First impression was it felt like a concrete block wrapped in polymer.
    Headed out to go zero the burris 3x prism scope. Setup on the big gong at 100 yards and it hit. Made my adjustments and 2nd round hit kinda close to the center so went to the 12" gong. 3rd round missed. 4th round hit.
    30 rounds later and chasing my tail most the time I come to the conclusion that the 7 twist hated 55gr fmj.
    Grabbed some 69gr SMK reloads and they didn't do any better.
    I think my best group was about 4" at 100 yards with the 69gr SMK. 55gr was around 7-8" at 100.
    Gave up and took it home to clean it before goin back to work.
    I will say feild strip to clean was pretty neat I figured out why it wouldn't group better than a $50 shotgun. The barrel doesn't lockup tight against anything.
    Remove lower and bolt. Press down on lever and pull barrel out the front.
    Cleaned and oiled it, put it back together and looked closer. Barrel moves around after bolt is in battery. There is atleast 15-20k movement in the barrel. Enough it "klanks" with very little pressure.
    Took it back and don't care to look at one again. $1400 rifle that's mostly plastic, no thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

2. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

Nonnie... I considered buying one when it first came out... but decided it was pointless as my preferred "platform" for the .223/5.56 round is an AR-15 and a Mini-14. That makes a Beretta ARX 100 superfluous here.

But... and I'm not knocking Beretta here... the die-hard Berettaphiles likely love that thing.

Its only saving grace in my opinion is this one will accept standard AR mags.

3. nonnieselman

I read a lot more reviews and there are a lot of folks not to happy about the barrel extension heating up and melting the polymer it rest against. Then the barrel gets really loose and causes jams and extreme inaccuracy .

Cliff731 likes this.
  4. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

Nonnie... after reading what you have posted, I'm more than glad now that I never bought one of these Beretta ARX 100 rifles... and yes, there was a time when I seriously considered buying one.

I've never seen an AR-15 or a Mini-14 have those problems! :101010::101010:

22lrfan likes this.
  5. nonnieselman

6. jakeg823

jakeg823 Distinguished Poster

That is glorious.

melmerf likes this.
  7. onlymaroonmatters

onlymaroonmatters Whoomp there it is MSGO Supporter

Laurel
    Dang that sucks. Needs a little blue bullet. Didn't even know they made poly uppers. Must be a "ghost" gun

8. jakeg823

Bushmaster and Windham do for sure. I'm sure there are several other budget brands that do as well. Bushmaster and Windham do it and still charge $700+ though.

Cliff731 likes this.
  9. Rw

Rw Moderator Staff Member

think you are thinking about the carbon fiber stuff they both make. its not very impressive either.. top dollar had an earleir cf bushmaster pistol a few years ago.. i was less than enthused.

i know somebody makes a full polymer upper, maybe ati? saw one not that long ago but cant remember maker

10. melmerf

melmerf Distinguished Poster

Booger Den
    That is a ugly pitcher.

jakeg823 likes this.
  11. jakeg823

Is it legit carbon fiber though? Because I'm used to "carbon look" for motorcycle parts....I never would've expected carbon fiber with "cheap plastic look" to be a real thing though.

12. Rw

Rw Moderator Staff Member

I cant
    Its fiber reinforced, theres a percentage(maybe 30) of carbon fibers in the polymer for reinforcement, its not like a carbon weave on the cosmetic stuff. Though carbon weave is very strong when used right in construction, a lot of parts out there are just for looks and probably only have a thin layer of carbon twill on the surface.