Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Waffennarr
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Major upgrades to the 100-yard, side berms, and moving target (pistol range) berms. Some photos of the work:
The 100 yard range:

Pistol ranges:

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Progress is always good!!

·
Premium Member
14,571 Posts
captain-03 said:
Progress is always good!!
Yes ! ! ! 

Looking G O O D ! ! !

Did SWGC get some grant money for the berm work?  Dirt work is NOT cheap........ 

Next you guys at SWGC will have Internet and wifi service on the range.............. :)

You guys at SWGC do SO MUCH with little.  True devotion. 

·
Waffennarr
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have Doug "the wizard of NRA grant writing" Bowser as our Secretary. The NRA has literally built our club facilities based on our youth and public outreach programs such as NRA Women on Target and Youth Hunter Education Challenge (YHEC), among others. The NRA is very supportive of bringing in youth (who = future shooters / voters) and non-traditional shooters (women, seniors, etc. who come to defense classes) and we are fortunate that we have instructors who teach these events, we document it, and submit everything to NRA. So then when SW Gun Club submits a grant request, it's generally approved. Douglas and the officers work hard on this - yeah I'm an officer but NO I take no credit for receiving grant money - and it has paid off for the club over the years.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Scharfschütze said:
Put out hay on the 100yd berm today:
Good job on the impact backstop and berms. We needed more height to the 100 yards and pistol impact backstops. The berms on the pistol range had eroded as to make simultaneous use of the two ranges unsafe. More pics of the pistol ranges tomorrow.

Dusty and Zink after the hay toss was over​

Track hoe lifting dirt onto the pistol impact backstop​

Full width of the 100 yard impact bakstop, we will have 16 shooting positions.​

·
Premium Member
14,571 Posts
How did those hay bales get on the berm? Those critters ain't light........ :)

A berm with the top that WIDE............. is a VERY NICE berm. LOTS of dirt in that berm.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
VERY NICE Berm!!!!!!!! ... should last well into the next century ...

·
Waffennarr
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SubGunFan said:
How did those hay bales get on the berm?  Those critters ain't light........ :)

A berm with the top that WIDE............. is a VERY NICE berm.  LOTS of dirt in that berm.  

I don't recall just how those 15 bales made it to the top.
But I can barely move my left wrist and elbow this morning...  :scratch: 

20 more bales on order to take care of the pistol berms!
Now I have to remember where I put that heating pad...

·
Waffennarr
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OFFICIAL BERM TEST THIS MORNING

I am pleased to be able to report that the berms held up quite well against sustained fire from my M4gery carbine this morning.
As Executive Officer of Southwest Gun Club, I hereby declare the berms to be 100% functional and ready to go.  :thumbup:

View from the 100yd impact berm. It's very high.

·
Premium Member
14,571 Posts
Now it is time to replace that SHOT UP target frame.  Why have an ugly target frame in front of a beautiful berm..................... 

You guys (appears to be only 2-3 of you doing ALL the work) are doing a great job. 

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
SubGunFan said:
Now it is time to replace that SHOT UP target frame.  Why have an ugly target frame in front of a beautiful berm..................... 

You guys (appears to be only 2-3 of you doing ALL the work) are doing a great job. 

That is the plan. Now to teach members how to shoot well enough, not to shoot up the frame.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts