Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes the best Forged lowers? I know most of this comes down to the best Machining mainly in the mag well are so mags drop free easily because most are forged at 1 of 2 factories.

Cheapest cost for quality.

Who makes the best Billet lowers?(strongest and most accurate)

Who has the coolest designs engraving or dimensions(I have seen some with curved mag wells that look nice).

· Registered
841 Posts
+1 for Mega. Either forged or billet. The forged ones I have are by far the best of any I have worked with. Essential Arms in Louisiana makes good lowers also. I have built a couple of rifles off of them and never had a problem. I bought some of the DSA "blems" a while back and other than some very light markings in the anodizing, they are nice lowers. Stick with a "known" name and you will be fine. I don't care much about engraving, but I think the Noveske design mark is cool. Noveske is nice, but pricey.

308th_sps

· Registered
254 Posts
For forged, buy whichever one has the logo that fits you best. Like you said, most people don't understand that there are not but a few manufacturers of forged lowers out there, most all of the lowers are built by a few companies and are just stamped with the sellers name and logo.

Billet lowers on the other hand are a different world:

For Billet, Spikes or Seekins is the way to go (Seekins builds the Spikes billet lower and all their BAR and SAR rails, 9mm billet uppers, etc.). Glen Seekins is a master at what he does, his lowers has more built in features than any other lower out there. The machining and design blow every other billet lower out of the water (he is the one that does the curved magwell lowers you mentioned). He is working on a new lower that is going to completely rock the AR industry. Details are hush hush and cant be let out of the bag yet, but I will say this......ITS GONNA BE SICK

Sun Devil lowers are nice but I dont like their choice of material, while the lower doesnt really need to be strong at all I prefer my guns built like tanks. Black Rain and Mega also make nice billet lowers but nothing like Seekins.

-spencer-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.