Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
13,744 Posts
ive been looking at psa uppers they are awesomely priced. How about bear creek arsenal?
Bear creek is bottom of the barrel stuff, I’ve seen some pretty abysmal stuff from them. Stuff like rough machining, mis machined parts and other problems. Basically the stuff Kmart or roses would sell if they built ar15.
I do have an older freedom upper from psa and it’s been great. Now though I put my own together it’s higher end barrels like faxon or ballistic advantage. Both had great deals for Black Friday

·
MSGO Court Jester
44,613 Posts
My most recent upper is a 20" FN CHF from PSA that's really nice and shoots lights out. Only negative is the white logo on the side of the upper, but that will be remedied soon
Mine doesn't have the logo. It doesn't even say .350 Legend on it, yet. :D

Reactions: onlymaroonmatters

·
MSGO Court Jester
44,613 Posts
My son and I are both pleased with our PSAs.

·
Banned
87 Posts
ive been looking at psa uppers they are awesomely priced. How about bear creek arsenal?
Your not going to get many to admit Bear Creek is now putting out decent stuff. And most that are putting them down haven't tried them.And remember their are allot that put down Anderson Rcv's (poverty ponies) also and their is absolutely nothing wrong with them.

I'll tell you of my experience with them.
300 blk barrel 16" shoots good
223 wylde barrel 16" shoots good
Complete 300 BO upper shoots very good

And considering the price they are a very good value for the money especially any budget or lowest dollar build you might want to build. All this crap about terrible products and tooling I have never seen and doubt highly many have.

So don't discount them as junk, just remembers the haters are going to hate.

·
Custodial Engineer at Third Monkey Outfitters
3,302 Posts
I have several PSA's and have never had any issues. There are a few mfg's I stay away from but PSA isn't one. Is it a Noveske or other boutique AR? No. As far as the uppers go, not sure of the ACTUAL mfg for their BCG's but bbls are made for them by FN. They've been around for a bit.... hahaha

Aero Precision makes some good quality stuff as well at decent prices. Probably the most pricey AR I have is my LMT. So far it doesn't do anything my others don't do. Is it 'better'? I sure hope so!! LOL

·
Registered
13,744 Posts
Being in the business @Rw is, I'm sure he's actually laid eyes on some stuff like he said.
I have, i can get bear creek at dealer cost and still will not use hardly anything from them. Only thing i have of theirs is a bare upper receiver and it is the same forging as an anderson.
Anderson stuff on the other hand is a crap ton better and does not cost much more.
I have had people turn their noses at anderson parts but then talk up another mid grade brand that is made by anderson, i have to try not to laugh at them. Anderson makes stuff for more than 40 other brands. All of my lowers and most all of my uppers are anderson. I have a barrel or two from them also, i am slowly switching all my barrels out for faxon or ballistic advantage though.

·
Registered
11,905 Posts
I mostly just build my own, but I would say PSA for the money. Not sure all PSA barrels are made by FN, they are typically marked as such, if they are. That said the basic stuff is pretty good and have not heard of many issues with them at all.

BCA is hit or miss and machining is rough on most parts I have handled. Radical firearms seems to be a decent brand and from what i have seen they are not as rough as BCA.

·
Banned
87 Posts
Being in the business @Rw is, I'm sure he's actually laid eyes on some stuff like he said.

Here again as with UTG, I'd spend just a tad more and go with PSA, who has a better reputation preceding them.
Well not sure about that statement, but I will just have to speak from my own experience with them. So far so good, your mileage may vary.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts