Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking about ordering a suppressor from Hansohn Brothers and wondering where a good place to transfer is, maybe one with a range, and one with reasonably priced fees.

I normally deal with the armory on all my normal transfers but they are 150 for Nfa. They don’t stock the suppressor I’m looking at and I feel 150 is the “Buy our in stock suppressor/ we really don’t want to mess with it price”

I’m looking at the Vox-s just in case it’s stocked local somewhere.

So open to suggestions, any leads?

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you called Gun-N-Gear? Or even Van’s? Not a lot of class 3 dealers to pick from around here...
I’ll try vans, I sent out a few emails to dealers on silencershops website that had the kiosk. Over looked vans.
Guns and gear has one of the highest transfers for regular items in town. Haven’t tried them just assuming it’s very expensive and will come with a buy local lecture.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,672 Posts
Dang that's high. I ordered my Optimus from a retailer in Virginia and had it sent to Modern Outfitters, at the time". Used them cause they were closest that had a kiosk, and bonus they had a range. They didn't charge me anything.
Make sure has a kiosk, and I wouldn't mind driving a little ways to save over $100. Not like going to be driving back and forth a lot. Unless has a range. Drive once to do kiosk then again in a year to pick it up.
I thought I read somewhere on SS website and/or other places online that shops only charge like $25-50 to do a non SS transfer. If it's through SS then it's free.

Using the rack in collins currently for one BTW

·
I’ve got one more silver dollar
948 Posts
144 Tactical charges $100 for NFA transfers. Located on 49S in Richland.But definitely does not have a range.

·
Registered
15,491 Posts
I’ll try vans, I sent out a few emails to dealers on silencershops website that had the kiosk. Over looked vans.
Guns and gear has one of the highest transfers for regular items in town. Haven’t tried them just assuming it’s very expensive and will come with a buy local lecture.
I haven’t priced their transfer fees, but if that’s the case you’re probably right. I’m all for buying local, but their selection of everything is extremely limited.

I will say I went in there for the first time a couple weeks back and asked if they’d seen any of the CCI clean .22 ammo. He had some ordered before I could say I’d just order it myself. At least they were willing to order...I’ve seen several local dealers that won’t even do that. And then can’t figure out why you don’t buy anything from them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m thinking about ordering a suppressor from Hansohn Brothers and wondering where a good place to transfer is, maybe one with a range, and one with reasonably priced fees.

I normally deal with the armory on all my normal transfers but they are 150 for Nfa. They don’t stock the suppressor I’m looking at and I feel 150 is the “Buy our in stock suppressor/ we really don’t want to mess with it price”

I’m looking at the Vox-s just in case it’s stocked local somewhere.

So open to suggestions, any leads?
I've been using Two Gun Tactical for all of my NFA Purchases and Transfers, as of late. For Silencer Shop purchases, there is no transfer fee and they only charged me $50 for non-Silencer Shop transfers (Capitol Armory, Shooting Surplus, Big Daddy Unlimited, Etc.). I can also definitely recommend these three for NFA purchases (IF Silencer Shop doesn't have it in stock, or doesn't carry what your after), as they've got their stuff together and get the paperwork submitted quickly to keep the process moving. ALSO, just an FYI for all of those considering an NFA purchase, I recently received multiple approvals for purchases that had their tax stamps go 'Pending' in late December ('18) and January ('19) in May('19). I don't know if this was a fluke, or what, but needless to say I was very pleasantly surprised. Two Gun Tactical also has SS Kiosk and they've got an Indoor Range (Rimfire and Centerfire Handgun ONLY). Cameron Hale, at Van's can also help you, and they, too, have a SS Kiosk. I would love to hear about your VOX S when you get it, as I've heard good things about them, but I have no first hand experience with them. - Take Care

·
I’ve got one more silver dollar
948 Posts
I've been using Two Gun Tactical for all of my NFA Purchases and Transfers, as of late. For Silencer Shop purchases, there is no transfer fee and they only charged me $50 for non-Silencer Shop transfers (Capitol Armory, Shooting Surplus, Big Daddy Unlimited, Etc.). I can also definitely recommend these three for NFA purchases (IF Silencer Shop doesn't have it in stock, or doesn't carry what your after), as they've got their stuff together and get the paperwork submitted quickly to keep the process moving. ALSO, just an FYI for all of those considering an NFA purchase, I recently received multiple approvals for purchases that had their tax stamps go 'Pending' in late December ('18) and January ('19) in May('19). I don't know if this was a fluke, or what, but needless to say I was very pleasantly surprised. Two Gun Tactical also has SS Kiosk and they've got an Indoor Range (Rimfire and Centerfire Handgun ONLY). Cameron Hale, at Van's can also help you, and they, too, have a SS Kiosk. I would love to hear about your VOX S when you get it, as I've heard good things about them, but I have no first hand experience with them. - Take Care
Your stamps went pending during the dates you listed. When were the purchases/check cashed?

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,672 Posts
Individual or trusts??

I'm 335 days since check cashed. Still pending.

·
Registered
15,491 Posts
No fluke. According to the NFA page I follow on Facebook for a very short time(several weeks) last month/early this month the ATF was doing batch approvals, so if an inspector knew you had more than one form submitted, they would all get bumped up in line.

I’m sure several people who couldn’t afford to have thousands of dollars tied up in NFA purchases raised hell about people jumping the line and got it killed.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,672 Posts
No fluke. According to the NFA page I follow on Facebook for a very short time(several weeks) last month/early this month the ATF was doing batch approvals, so if an inspector knew you had more than one form submitted, they would all get bumped up in line.
That's just wrong :mad:
Good for lucky SOBs though I guess.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What I guessed. For some reason they are faster. Mine is trust
Again it could have been a fluke, but I'm really hoping that it wasn't. I've got quite a few more pending that I purchased about 2-3 months later. So, IF it's not a fluke then I should see those sometime in August/September. I had fully expected to wait 12-13 months, so I was shocked when I got the call that they had a bunch of stamps for me!

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,672 Posts
Again it could have been a fluke, but I'm really hoping that it wasn't. I've got quite a few more pending that I purchased about 2-3 months later. So, IF it's not a fluke then I should see those sometime in August/September. I had fully expected to wait 12-13 months, so I was shocked when I got the call that they had a bunch of stamps for me!
Baller!

I thought the same with my 22 can. Been a few years ago but it only took like 3-4 months. Davy couldn't believe it either. Guess some get luckily. I figured the stack of papers got knocked off the desk and when putting them back mine got slipped to the top.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I may try and call them and see if they recently went up on prices or what. I got an email from 2 gun tactical that said they charge 100 on nfa transfers. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts