Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Rational Anarchist
15,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve been looking at these two:
They’re in the range of what I can swing but would either really be worth it? I am not even familiar with the brand.

· Registered
1,476 Posts
Following

· Registered
100 Posts
Was just looking to pose your same questions about the Thor LT, found your thread. Did you happen the get one? It’s looking like I’m going to try a predator light...can’t justify $3k and don’t want to end up throwing away $1k.

· Rational Anarchist
15,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was just looking to pose your same questions about the Thor LT, found your thread. Did you happen the get one? It’s looking like I’m going to try a predator light...can’t justify $3k and don’t want to end up throwing away $1k.
I’ve since shifted gears and I’m now remodeling an old house. It ate my gun n’ gear budget 😢. Hell, it’s eaten my everything budget.

· Registered
12,872 Posts
I would run from ATN. Their build quality and customer service stinks. AGM makes some good stuff for a little more than you were wanting to spend. Plus they just announced the best warranty in the business 5 year transferable on their 384 and 640 stuff.

The Rattler 35 384 is pretty good but for the same money ($2500) I might go with their Adder. They do have a rattler 25 for about $2k that should be sufficient if you don't need more than 1.5x base magnification.

Get one with lower base mag than you would on a daytime optic. 4X night time is fine for precision longer shots but for 50yds and in is too much, especially when critters start moving.

You can get a wraith HD digital NV for $400 with 2x base or a 4K mini for $600ish if you want to go those routes. They are good quality scopes but not thermals.

· Registered
163 Posts
I have enough ARs that I’d most likely dedicate one to a this role. So, swapping out probably wouldn’t be an issue. What do ya’ll think?
What is your anticipated shooting distance? Me and my buddy started off predator hunting behind a $1k thermal he bought. Past 100yds it was hard to identify what you were looking at. Coyote? Bobcat? Deer? He sold it and bought a thermion. That's an amazing piece of technology. We've killed coyotes from 50yds to 275yds with it on a 6.5cm. After being behind both scopes I wouldn't waste my money on a $1k thermal. I'd save until I could move up to better scope. The difference between glass on a regular scope and a high end scope is not as great as the difference between the tech on a low end thermal and a high end thermal.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts