Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of the folks that have been around a little while have gotten to watch the progress of my work. While there is still plenty of room for progress the quality has gone up exponentially since my first holster. This all started as a Christmas gift from my grandfather when I asked him to make me a holster for my new 1911, my first handgun.

If I had known it would of led to all of this I would have been better off sending Milt Sparks a blank check  As a few members know anything I can do to aid in your interest in this hobby I will, it is very rewarding when you make something nice.

For those of you that do not know this IS a hobby for me. At this time and for the foreseeable future this aspect will not change.

So without any more delay, I’m Robert Dorris and I’m here to help cloth your firearms! The one that makes me look good is my significant other Courtney. She’s my biggest critic and also currently enrolled at Mississippi State in the College of Veterinary Medicine. Anyone that talks to me regularly knows I’m back and forth from Southaven to Starkville very regularly. This can be a great aid if you have a specific gun we need to work around as well.

This patriotic friend of mine is Scott. He has moved into the production aspect with me and started in October. Scott has as good if not better of an eye for detail than myself. His hand tooling is proving to be impeccable with a little critiquing as well. Anyone I teach learns on a project for themselves. I have found when you have to live and wear with your mistakes it is a great learning tool.

So that’s the meet and greet of the Big Robs Gunleather crew. My workshop is quite small and not much to look at, I will make a tools of the trade post at some point in the future for you folks to look at.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
i need to get into this section more often. glad to see you in here ol buddy!

i just took off one of Rob's holsters, and let me tell you, they are tough to beat!

·
Super Moderator
7,016 Posts
CZ 75 Bd holster?
This is an older thread; last used about 7 years ago.
Sadly, I believe Big Rob's is no longer in production . . . which is a bad thing. I have a couple of his products, and they are top-notch for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts