Bikes Bikes Bikes, Lets see them!

Discussion in 'Pictures in General' started by Stumpbud, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Stumpbud

Stumpbud Distinguished Poster

2006 Heritage Softail Classic
    [​IMG]

2001 Night Train (AKA) Nasty Nasty
    [​IMG]

2. Lt.Dan

Lt.Dan Distinguished Poster

2007 soft tail deluxe. FLSTN.

[​IMG]

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My Dad´s 1200 custom Harley sportser.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want a 72 though!

[​IMG]

and this

[​IMG]

Edinburgh bike show

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. patchz

patchz Court Jester

I started out young.

[​IMG]

Just kiddin'. But I have not owned one since 1984. This 1979 Yamaha XS11SF is the last one I owned. I don't have any decent pics of the two Police bikes I was issued, a 1978 Honda Gold Wing and a 1981 Kawasaki KZ1100.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Stumpbud

Stumpbud Distinguished Poster

If anyone is interested R&K in Foxworth is having a Bike and Car party from 6:00 PM till 10:00 PM today.

6. micahbxd40

micahbxd40 Distinguished Poster

7. miker84

miker84 Distinguished Poster

Current ride. 2003 fxst sleeper.
    [​IMG]

Previous ride 1984 FXWG, wish I still had it. :(
    [​IMG]
    Couldn't find a photos of the old Triumphs or MZ.

8. jakeg823

jakeg823 Distinguished Poster

Richland
    The 72 is a meeeeeaaaaan looking sporty for sure.

Your dads(year?) looks vaguely familiar... :thinking:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here she is pre-comfort/arthritis relieving additions I made over the winter:
    [​IMG]

Doesn't look as good now.......but it's rideable for more than 30 minutes!

Here's my '97 FLSTF Fatboy(with my 85 year old papaw showing off):
    [​IMG]

9. miker84

Gotta love papaw. Still hardcore biker!

10. jakeg823

Richland
    Haha everyone should be so lucky to have at least one just like him............that's about as close to riding one as he's ever gotten. I've told him several times I'd let him ride on the back down the road so he could say he'd done it at least once.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ohhh thats very cool!!!!

12. jakeg823

Richland
    His must be '07+, because I think that's the year they went to fuel injection?  I just remember being mad because they changed it the year after mine.  Of course carbs have their benefits....

Riding the Fatboy to my grandparents in White Oak tomorrow for Easter, so I cleaned it up and realized the sissybar was rattling.....in order to work on it you have to remove the seat, luggage rack, license plate and lean the sissybar forward....takes about 10 different tools/sockets to do.....FML!

[​IMG]

Every time I take all of that off I just say to God:
    "Dear Lord, as soon as you're done laughing at me, I could really use your help!"

I'm not mechanically inclined, but I can normally do simple stuff like that no problem.....I'm enjoying a cold one now to celebrate my victory!

While I was out there, I figured a few shots of the garage/reloading room/man cave were in order!

More of my baby:
    [​IMG]

My brother's '09 1200N Nightster:
    [​IMG]

Back to the fatboy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Reloading bench:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Notice that's not a Ford...
    [​IMG]

But that's only because this hasn't made it back from the restoration shop yet:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. z28deuce

z28deuce Full Poster

2001 Softail Deuce
    [​IMG]

14. miker84

I've seen that bike around town. Now I know who rides it. :)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah you are correct it's an 07 model. That bike is his pride and joy lol. I love going out on it with him in the summer.

16. jakeg823

Richland
    Haha if he hasn't done it yet tell him to look at a progressive front and rear suspension. Makes the bike much more pleasant to ride for longer periods of time.

A buddy of mine is a salesman at the Jackson dealer so he called me when the two new models came out, which I actually told him about before he even knew. I'll post a couple pictures of them for you since you like the 72 so much.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah he has that, came with it when he bought it :)

The 72 is my favorite, tried it at the Edinburgh bike show (pics above) it is a perfect "fit" so to speak, for me :lol4: I am 5´4 and my inside leg is very short...I´m a wee lassie.

The 883 low is nice too.

18. jakeg823

Richland
    The 883L is probably what I'll be starting my fiancé out on when she decides she's ready for her own. She's been content riding with me, but a friend of mine just bought his wife a older sportster to learn on so now Andrea is a bit envious......she's about to get a house though so I really don't want to hear it for a while ha!

Here's the 72 in flat black:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Notice the white walls are still blue
    [​IMG]
    I loved the jeweling
    [​IMG]

And here's the Softtail Slim(excuse the bad angles, it's good side was against a column in the shop):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The bars are my favorite feature!
    [​IMG]

The Slim doesn't really appeal to me because I'm over the blacked out craze Harley is still running with....I like the bars, and I like the resemblance to the fatboy, but honestly it's not different enough to start a new model over.

Here is what I want!!
    [​IMG]
    Talk about hurting your eyes!  This stuff pops in the daylight!
    [​IMG]
    That bike was actually intended to be a demo bike for the shop owner, but they put it on the floor and it sold before he got a chance to ride it.

And this is the one that got away....I'll kick myself everyday for the rest of my life for being dumb enough to sell it!
    [​IMG]

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very nice, I actually like the black too though I reckon purple flake would be nice :p

I think your fiancée will love the 883 low.

My uncle has the exact same ninja. Very cool but VERY fast!

20. jakeg823

Richland
    Yeah I did way too much stupid stuff on it. I had to sell it before I hurt myself, hurt it or waited too long and it wouldn't be worth as much......the plan was to use the cash as a down payment on a new truck, but I thought it would be easier to find a decent job than it wound up being, so a year later I'm still driving around in my '04 ranger.

Top speed on the ninja was supposedly 185mph.....I never got that brave! Wouldn't have done it with my big butt on it anyway