Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang. Well this weekend is the Coliseum show in Biloxi, which sadly is our biggest one south of Laurel. I'm bringing two arisakas to try and sell, partially for some table rent for my display at the military show next month and also to get some money back into my account. It's always interesting to see what shows up there so if you can make it please come on by. I'll try and put an update here after the show Saturday just to give everyone the heads up on what's going on.

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
I have to bring all of my son's stuff back up to Oxford, but I was thinking of going Saturday afternoon or Sunday. Let me know where you are set up.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I will be there Burb, I'll try to find you.

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
I hate I'm going to miss it. I try to make every show that's within a couple hours drive. Even if I don't buy or sell anything, at least I'm supporting the folks who are putting these shows on in hopes that they continue to do so. But this weekend is my grandson's birthday, so I'll be spending the weekend in Natchez with him.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Understandable Twangbanger. Have fun at your grandson's birthday.
Everyone else. I'm sharing a table with one of my friends who always gets one table and puts out some of his extra milsurp stuff of which he's lacking in rifles right now but with my two arisakas and him possibly letting go of a couple more Savage enfield no4 mk1s his table should get better this weekend. If you can't find the table I'm the young guy (I'm 27) hauling around some kind of old rifle and hanging out around milsurps.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,533 Posts
Isn't there a show in Hattiesburg this weekend also?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure. Will check but since the Biloxi show is closer for me to drive I might as well go there plus having a friend with a table helps with sitting down when I want to and shooting the breeze whenever I can

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,533 Posts
Absolutely I was just curious , on the way to Hattiesburg today thought I saw a sign saying there was.

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
This is the site I use to keep up, and they're not showing a show in Hattiesburg this weekend.

Mississippi Gun Shows

Actually, the Hattiesburg show for November has been cancelled - which isn't surprising, considering the lack of advertising and weak turn out for the last one there.

Reactions: rigrat

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,533 Posts
This is the site I use to keep up, and they're not showing a show in Hattiesburg this weekend.

Mississippi Gun Shows

Actually, the Hattiesburg show for November has been cancelled - which isn't surprising, considering the lack of advertising and weak turn out for the last one there.
Thanks could have been a old sign or a senior moment, LOL.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Just left. Seems smaller than before. Met some nice people. Not much ammo.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Next H'burg show is Feb 10-11. It was that way since the show in July. Looks like they're only having two shows a year.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah it was smaller than normal. Maybe to the $9 entry fee? Not much milsurps and a few walk ins but nothing really stood out that much. Anyway I managed to trade away one arisaka for another arisaka with the words Guadalcanal USMC 8/22/42 scratched into the stock. I couldn't be happier so far. Now I just need to sell the other arisaka and a couple of smalls and it'll be a victory in my book. I'm going to bring a new old stock enfield no4 barrel made by Long Branch out for sale as well since the surplus military barrels for them are almost nonexistent and the closest one are the Citeron made barrels for about $100.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the show has come and gone but there was fun to be had on my end. I made my goal of getting rid of both extra arisakas and acquired two great replacements. There was the arisaka from yesterday and now I traded my last ditch with a sanded stock for a type 38 smoothbore training rifle and $40, which to me was a victory. I had been wanting a decent training rifle for a while now and this one's great. Every number matches on it but the rear sling swivel broke off so I need to either find or make a replacement. I also got rid of both my extra arisaka bayonets as well as a couple of other smalls but I still have that enfield barrel as well as a type 94 nambu magazine to sell at the next show (for me anyway) at Lyman in September. Also I might just bust out my extra enfield no1 mk3 magazine as well since those are drying up in the for sale market and I can get a few bucks for my table rent that way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts