Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went this morning. Not too impressive. Four aisles. Lots of purses, knives, holsters, scopes. Very few gun vendors. $9 admission ($2 more than last month's H'burg show). It was good to visit with Rw and Mike Smith for a little while, though. Looking forward to next month's SMGA show in Gulfport (Sept. 15-16). It's always a good show.

On a humorous note, there was some kind of graduation ceremony going on at the coliseum today. Lots of folks walking round in caps & gowns, formal dresses, tuxedos, etc. At the same time, there's folks walking around in overalls, jeans / T-shirts, etc. toting AR's, AK's, etc. We got some looks for sure.

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The SMGA show is at the Lyman Convention Center on Hwy 49 North. It's been a good show everytime I've gone. It's been on a par with the David Chancellor shows.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Lyman is a fun show to go to. This one, despite being pretty iffy, was a fun one for me. I saw more mosins than I have in a long while at a show and I actually saw k98s for sale (which is like seeing bigfoot in Mississippi). I also lucked out and picked up a Vietnam bringback sks from a friend of mine for $200 so all in all I had a fun day. I'm going back tomorrow to hang out with another friend at his table again and look at some walk ins that might show up later in the day.

·
Registered
537 Posts
A friend of mine recently got his FFL out here in Ocean Springs and we were talking about heading out to the show, but other things got in the way. Sounds like we will definitely have to make it out to SMGA.

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
I went yesterday. I was underwhelmed. I like finding private sales and trades and there were very few individuals walking around with guns. Actially, there weren't many people there period. Also $9 is very high for such a small show imo.
Sort of how I feel. I think $8 is my max. My wife goes with me so it is almost $20 just to shop. I think they would do better if you bought something ($100?) from a vender then they refund your entrance fee. Of course, the promoter would lose on that one so it probably won't happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts