Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone going to the Biloxi Gun Show this weekend? I'll be there today probably around 10:00 AM.

It just so happens that on this same date 5 years ago (27 JAN 2013), I was at a gun show in Natchez, when I met up with platinum-selling recording artists Matthew and Gunnar Nelson (twin sons of Rock & Roll Hall of Famer, Rick Nelson). They had performed a show the previous night in Marksville, LA, and saw the gun show signs. Being gun enthusiasts, they decided to stop and check it out. I got a pic with them. They had a #1 hit when I was a senior in high school called (Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection. Wonder if I'll meet any celebs today at the Biloxi show?
natchez gun show.jpg

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Is anyone going to the Biloxi Gun Show this weekend? I'll be there today probably around 10:00 AM.

It just so happens that on this same date 5 years ago (27 JAN 2013), I was at a gun show in Natchez, when I met up with platinum-selling recording artists Matthew and Gunnar Nelson (twin sons of Rock & Roll Hall of Famer, Rick Nelson). They had performed a show the previous night in Marksville, LA, and saw the gun show signs. Being gun enthusiasts, they decided to stop and check it out. I got a pic with them. They had a #1 hit when I was a senior in high school called (Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection. Wonder if I'll meet any celebs today at the Biloxi show?
View attachment 70371
Great story Twang... and pictures to boot. Did you recognize them or were they already outed ?

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
I want to go, but I would just be wasting a trip down there if they are charging parking.

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to go, but I would just be wasting a trip down there if they are charging parking.
They're not. There's something else going on here at the same time with paid parking. Just tell the attendant you're here for the gun show and they wave you right through.

·
Premium Member
10,377 Posts
Didn't make it, after 2 before we left from F Class shoot today, and didn't want get caught in storms coming in. Good thing because it's rocking & rolling here. No drought here today.
FYI wind was TOUGH today.

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't make it, after 2 before we left from F Class shoot today, and didn't want get caught in storms coming in. Good thing because it's rocking & rolling here. No drought here today.
FYI wind was TOUGH today.
I got lucky. With 2 events going on, I had to park in the back of the lot. Fortunately, it didn't start raining until I hit I-10 headed home.

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great story Twang... and pictures to boot. Did you recognize them or were they already outed ?
I "thought" I recognized them, but then I overheard them introducing themselves to a vendor: "Hi, I'm Matthew and this is my brother Gunnar".

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well what about the show Twang?????
Yeah this↑↑↑
Ya find any deals?
Show was OK. Not many vendors, but the ones there were good. Rw was there with DownRange, the guys from High Caliber were there, and Mike Smith from Smith's Speed Shop, too. Didn't buy anything, but I sold three. Only thing I took but didn't sell was the stainless Model 70 Winchester, which didn't really surprise me since hunting season is basically over.

I stopped on the way to the show and met up with forum member johnsumrall , for a sale on another one. He was a really nice guy. He was down from Jackson buying seafood. Hope he made it back OK in this flood.

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah this↑↑↑
Ya find any deals?
Found a couple of Beretta PX4 Storm pistols for $400 each. I thought long and hard about getting one. They were LEO trade-ins, but the vendor selling them also does cerakote, and had coated the slides; one in burnt bronze, and one in Sig gray. They looked really good, especially for $400. They were both 9mm's, though. Probably would've snagged one if it had been 40 cal.

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
I wasn't going to go, but last night my wife said "Let's go to the gun show tomorrow." I wanted to look for old revolvers anyway, so I pretended I was going for her! I was really stunned at the lack of vendors, I would say 20% down from the heyday of a few years ago. I like looking for stuff I can't find at the retail stores and I thought it was pretty slim pickings. My wife did buy a new purse and I bought a riser. She spent more than me which is unusual.

Twang, I almost walked out of there with that single six (middle row near the entrance), but had second thoughts. I'm not sure why your Model 70 isn't moving, I think it has all stainless parts as well doesn't it?

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not sure why your Model 70 isn't moving, I think it has all stainless parts as well doesn't it?
Yes, sir. Sure does. I did talk to a couple of folks about trades, but they all said the same thing . . . hunting season is over. Unless I get in a bind, I'll probably just put it in the safe till fall and try again.

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I almost walked out of there with that single six (middle row near the entrance), but had second thoughts.
I saw a highly polished stainless Vaquero in .357 and a Blackhawk in .41 Mag that I was drooling over.

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
I saw a highly polished stainless Vaquero in .357 and a Blackhawk in .41 Mag that I was drooling over.
I saw the same ones, it takes me about two hours (longer if I know people). I looked at the Vaquero long and hard, but I want to try a Bisley before I commit.

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I saw the same ones, it takes me about two hours (longer if I know people). I looked at the Vaquero long and hard, but I want to try a Bisley before I commit.
I have 2 Bisley's if you wanna try them out. A 7.5" and a 3.75". Just holler at me and you can get one or both to try out.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Not much in the way of milsurps either. I did manage to score an all matching early type 38 that was missing the dust cover and had the mum from a walk in but that was all I could really see. I'm selling an extra type 99 bolt I have to a friend of mine tomorrow so that'll be the fun part of Sunday unless something else walks in.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
i saw you TwangBanger with the rifle, did not know it was you.
my Friend brought a great looking Springfield M1 walking around

1 - 20 of 22 Posts