Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody check this one out today?

Reactions: LearCo

·
Registered
540 Posts
It was a decent show. If you're looking for milsurps there were a few but some were sportered and others were the same ones from other shows. Saw a Remington p1917 for $500 but the stock was heavily sanded and saw three humped 1903s (one was a really low number Springfield, the other a fake 03a4 the seller keeps claiming is real, and there was a fake usmc 1903 that someone ended up paying $1,500 for:groan:). I had brought a type 38 arisaka to show a friend of mine who has a more detailed book on them to find out some more info about it before it went back into the display. Other than that there were plenty of guns to choose from and a great ammo guy with some cheaper than normal ammo for the a lot of the milsurps.

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
I usually like that show, but I am boycotting all of the shows that went up past $8.00, so I haven't gone to the last few Biloxi shows. It would be one thing if the vendors were getting a break, but we all know that isn't so. Besides, I can generally find anything I want to buy fight here at good 'ol MSGO!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went Sunday and it wasn't worth $9 for sure.

·
Registered
540 Posts
In the end it wasn't that great of a show. Unlike in the past where I could at least look at and examine a few decent milsurps (even walk ins) this one had a overall lack of anything of interest to me walking in or on the table. I only go there anymore because my friends are dealers there and I get to hang out with them plus on occasion I can get in for free with a badge they arrange for me. Here's the breakdown of milsurps present that I actually saw:
2 enfields (both sporterized but had the hard to find Santa Fe 5 round magazines)
1 arisaka trainer for sale that sold early on Saturday (I brought two on alternating days but they weren't for sale)
No k98s that I could see (once again)
5 1903s/03a3's though two were highly faked, two were low number guns (one of which was sportered), and one was a walk in that a dealer bought that needed a couple parts replaced
a few odds and ends (a Chilean Mauser in 7.62 Nato, a sportered Argentine mauser, a Model 41 Carcano with a mismatched stock and no cleaning rod, two French colonial rifles that were overpriced, a Japanese Murata sold as a commercial hunting rifle from the factory, a second contract Astra 400 not used by the Nazis at first contract price, a couple of overpriced lugers and nambus I see at every show, and of course the decent amount of $1,000+ 1911s in various states of condition)

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
I hadn't been to a Biloxi Show in a couple of years. Went on Sunday. Don't think I'll be going back. Worse gun show I've been to in a very long time. Smaller than Hattiesburg, and it seemed to have a higher number of flea market vendors. +1 on the Garage Sale observation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts