Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's that time of the year folks. The military show is this weekend and I can't wait for all of the cool milsurp and surplus items to show up. I'm bringing a couple of smalls to put on a friend's table to sell (sadly no more rifles to sell or trade away) and I'm bringing back my Japanese display for everyone to see again. I would've done my USMC items but one of my mannequin display stands broke and I couldn't get one ordered in time to show up for the show so I went with a crowd favorite and decided on my Japanese weapons and gear since you don't normally see that many locally (I think that's my fault since I've bought most of the decent ones up that were priced reasonably). Once again it'll be at that Joppa Shrine in Woolmarket. Hope everyone can make it. It's a must for anyone in the state that collects milsurps and military surplus.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I really enjoy the show and go often. I don't understand it being on Friday and Saturday every year. Most still have to work. I can't get there until Saturday and it seems like most has been picked over / purchased. Any idea why they don't do normal Saturday and Sunday?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really enjoy the show and go often. I don't understand it being on Friday and Saturday every year. Most still have to work. I can't get there until Saturday and it seems like most has been picked over / purchased. Any idea why they don't do normal Saturday and Sunday?
Honestly I've been wondering the same thing. You would think that you would want to have both Saturday and Sunday like any other gun show to have the most people come in as possible. I think that Friday is for the most part dealer/ dealer purchases and trades along with setup except for the occasional collector who doesn't have to work on Fridays.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Don't know about previous years, but I believe Cruisin' the Coast starts this Sunday - might be why its Friday/Saturday.

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
I just got back from the show...lots of very interesting things to look at, but they are really proud of their "collectables"! Didn't see a single thing there that tempted me to buy.

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Hey burb1989,
Where are you set up in the show? I'm planning on going tomorrow and thought I'd drop by and say hi.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey burb1989,
Where are you set up in the show? I'm planning on going tomorrow and thought I'd drop by and say hi.
You'll see my display of Japanese rifles and gear fairly easily. I have the most Japanese stuff there of any one person with a table. Odds are I'll be with my nose in a book as well.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got back from the show...lots of very interesting things to look at, but they are really proud of their "collectables"! Didn't see a single thing there that tempted me to buy.
Yeah I don't understand why these guys bring their high dollar stuff here either. I hope they realize that this place is not like a gun show in Tennessee or like the Show of Shows in Kentucky. We just don't have the collector base or the funds for that kind of high end stuff.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well another military show has come and gone. It was a very fun show with a lot more dealers than last time around. I had fun displaying my humble Japanese collection and I even sold enough smalls through a friend of mine who had a table to pay for my table rent. At the end of the day I had a blast despite not buying anything (mostly due to lack of disposable income). Next time I'm going to do my named and Id'd USMC uniforms and gear as well as my captured Vietcong items.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts