Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's blueberry season, so figured I should make a pie from the berries I picked off my bushes a couple days ago. Not the prettiest pie I've ever seen but should taste ok. Had to Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome a couple things in the making of it. Namely I didn't have enough berries to fill up the crust after pre cooking them in a pot to get rid of excess water; so sliced a bunch of apple rings and layered them on top of the blueberry filling.

Fresh out of the oven:

·
Premium Member
5,098 Posts
I got wifey to make me a mulberry/pecan pie. It is good.
I'm wondering if one could use a gahram cracker pie crust and cook down some blueberries with sugar to make a filling ? Let it cool and use some whipped cream on top ? Sounds good to me ...maybe I will try it.

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Registered
19,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got wifey to make me a mulberry/pecan pie. It is good.
I'm wondering if one could use a gahram cracker pie crust and cook down some blueberries with sugar to make a filling ? Let it cool and use some whipped cream on top ? Sounds good to me ...maybe I will try it.
Sounds good to me to. Don't forget pictures.

I just finished the first piece. Very strong blueberry flavor - a little tangy, but good. Held together well and didn't stick to the pan.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My hot wife picked blueberries last week in Morton and made us a cobbler for father's day. There are no words to describe how good it was. It that is the last dessert I'll ever eat, I'm satisfied.

·
Premium Member
11,254 Posts
Sounds good to me to. Don't forget pictures.

I just finished the first piece. Very strong blueberry flavor - a little tangy, but good. Held together well and didn't stick to the pan.

May to try that, though having enough blueberries isn't a problem,lol. like idea of adding apples.

·
Morte
4,690 Posts
Gunny, apple and blueberry are my two favorites, and I’ve never thought of mixing them together. Guess I will have to try this now.

We picked and canned several pints of blueberrys this morning. Late frost got them this year so we didnt make as many as we usually do.
Not many crab apples this year either, but it will still be a few weeks before they are ready

·
I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.
5,905 Posts
My hot wife
I've seen you use this specific phrase when referring to your wife several times now.

Not to you or your wife's detriment, but I think it's funny. It makes me think you partook in some tom foolery, whose only recompense was to only refer to her as "my hot wife" there on out.

LET ME REPEAT AGAIN, THIS IS IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM AN ATTEMPT TO DISPARAGE, MAKE FUN OF, OR SPEAK ILL OF YOU OR YOUR WIFE.

It's the internet and intent is hard to tell sometimes so I'm adding a disclaimer.

Gunny, the pie looks excellent. I fancy myself an above average cook, but I couldn't bake if the world depended on it.

·
Registered
19,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've seen you use this specific phrase when referring to your wife several times now.

Not to you or your wife's detriment, but I think it's funny. It makes me think you partook in some tom foolery, whose only recompense was to only refer to her as "my hot wife" there on out.

LET ME REPEAT AGAIN, THIS IS IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM AN ATTEMPT TO DISPARAGE, MAKE FUN OF, OR SPEAK ILL OF YOU OR YOUR WIFE.

It's the internet and intent is hard to tell sometimes so I'm adding a disclaimer.

Gunny, the pie looks excellent. I fancy myself an above average cook, but I couldn't bake if the world depended on it.
I do ok with cowboy cooking. Anything else (like this pie) is usually a learning experience. Luckily, I have a daughter who is a really good cook, and she helped me out with a few tips for this.

·
Registered
195 Posts

LOL! Nope. She and I are exclusively hot to each other. She had a thing for older men and I had a thing for younger women. Seeing as I'm 14yrs her senior, we get to live out our monogamous tom foolery every day without remorse.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts