Mississippi Gun Owners banner

Bolt knob replacement for Rem 700

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Caleb C 
#1 ·
I would like to have a Badger Ordinance (or similar) tactical bolt knob installed on a Rem 700. It requires removing the factory knob and threading to accept the new one. It's a relatively simple job but I don't have the necessary tools. Are there any gunsmiths in the Jackson area who will do this for a reasonable price?

#3 ·
I decided to go with Billy Tierce in Utica. I've seen some of his work in Van's. He's really good. I dropped off the bolt on Tuesday so it should be ready next week. I'll post some pics when I get it back and let everyone know how much he charged. I'm sure it will be well worth the money, though.

#11 ·
It's a Badger Ordinance knob. The factory knob has to be milled off with a grinder and the bolt lever must be threaded to accept the new knob. You can epoxy the new knob for a permanent solution or just screw it on. I'd recommend using a wicking grade loc-tite for the best of both worlds.

These things are one of the best investments you can made on your bolt rifle (especially a 700). You don't have to worry about dragging your knuckles on the scope and it's much easier to grab in a high stress situation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.