Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up 1000 pieces of once fired LC 556/223 brass on MeWe for $54 shipped. Grabbed a couple of handfuls, probably a 150 or so cases, from the bag without looking and ran them for 4 hours in my vibratory tumbler using crushed walnut with a little mineral spirits. Most came out as clean as you’d expect. The pictured few were the exceptions from that batch. The dark ones aren’t steel, just heavily tarnished. And only one bad case mouth in that batch. I figure these are range pickups from somewhere.

Screw Metal Ammunition Bullet Tool accessory
Beige Button Outerwear Jacket Linen

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried MeWe but I am unable to navigate to anything worthwhile. How does one find something there?
The MeWe UI is not very intuitive, that’s for sure. Each group essentially has two pages. One that is similar to a Facebook group page and the other is an an open chat channel. You can “friend” people, but searching for them and finding them isn’t the easiest.

The groups I’m a member of are, in no particular order:

The Reloading Bench
Black Powder Firearms
Brass Buy/Sale/Trade/Discuss
Anything Reloading

To find these, I simply used the built in search function and used terms that were associated to the topics I was interested in.

·
Super Moderator
8,997 Posts
I've been on MeWe for a while (as Twang Banger), and have bought & sold several guns on there. I don't get on there very often anymore, though. The groups I'm in are:
  • Black Powder Firearms
  • Central MS Firearms and Knives
  • Mississippi Gun Trader
  • South Mississippi Gun Swap
  • Mississippi Gulf Coast Firearms 4sale or Trade
  • Curios and Relics Central
  • 80% Firearms Builders
  • Gulf Coast Arms Store
  • Louisiana Sportsman Buy/Sell/Trade
  • Firearms Disassembly and Assembly

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I have a ton of cases, but with the rule of needing a photo keeps me from running ads on here.
I tumble them in walnut media before or after separating then bag to their caliber. I may pick up a few or a lot of each.
For cases that look like yours I place them in my scrap bucket. They might clean up better in a wet tumbler with SS.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a ton of cases, but with the rule of needing a photo keeps me from running ads on here.
I tumble them in walnut media before or after separating then bag to their caliber. I may pick up a few or a lot of each.
For cases that look like yours I place them in my scrap bucket. They might clean up better in a wet tumbler with SS.
Those pictures were the few that came out poorly. They went into the “emergency” brass bucket. The rest looked very good after their cleaning. I agree that a wet tumble might help these few out but I’m not yet setup for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts