1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Waffennarr
8,865 Posts
I like the 870 platform, have a few, one I made into a HD shotgun. However my experience with the short shell adapter for the Mossberg along with the lower price ($389 from PSA) makes the Shockwave my first choice. With the short shell adapter I can reliably load & fire 13 rounds in my 590, waiting to see how many I can load & fire in the Shockwave. Not aware of any such adapter for the 870.

·
Registered
12,648 Posts
With all the severe quality issues remington has had since freedom group buyout, i probably would not take a free one. Would feel guilty about passing it on later.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
12,982 Posts
If you want a "tactical/defensive" 12 gauge pump shotgun with a "conventional" stock on it, you'll be hard pressed to do better than Mossberg's 590A1.

Just saying! :101010:

Reactions: Scharfschütze

·
Waffennarr
8,865 Posts
If you want a "tactical/defensive" 12 gauge pump shotgun with a "conventional" stock on it, you'll be hard pressed to do better than Mossberg's 590A1.

Just saying! :101010:
Yup, got one standing by for home defense. Sometimes she rides with me when I go certain places. I put a tritium front sight on (from Brownells) that I can even see at night without my glasses. The shockwave will be easier to maneuver in the car though...and there's something about a short shotgun that seems to put the fear of GOD in anyone who's on the wrong end.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
12,982 Posts
Scharfschütze... yes, you are correct, sir!!!

In a vehicle, that Mossberg Shockwave is a better (if not best) choice!!!

The tritium front sight on your 590A1 is the cat's pajamas... :cool:

·
Waffennarr
8,865 Posts
Scharfschütze... yes, you are correct, sir!!!

In a vehicle, that Mossberg Shockwave is a better (if not best) choice!!!

The tritium front sight on your 590A1 is the cat's pajamas... :cool:
If you need one installed let me know, I've put one on a couple of 870s and 590s now so I have completed the learning curve...;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts